Considering meth injection...

racerxrick

Hello All,

I have been working the past couple months to get my old friends GN back on the road and most importantly the track! Yes...it now belongs to me.

Funny as I was trying to figure out what this Razor kit was and did a search, I now realize Razor/Julio/Alky Control are one and the same. Great as I have his dual nozzle system on my Corvette Grand Sport (supercharged/702whp 617tq) and LOVE it! I pound on that car at 1/2 mile events, drag strips, back country roads, Mexico and even four road trips this year...one as far as the Tail of the Dragon.

So...as far as the Buick I had been considering e85 as $14 a gallon c16 isn't going to work for me. My concerns with e85 will be starting from scratch on the tune (FAST Classic), storage, only a 10 gallon cell (street car), new injectors (currently 83#) and new fuel pump (I have an older Aeromotive A1000 that isn't e85 compliant per Aeromotive. (I do have plenty of fuel line capacity).

Well that brings me to meth as I figure my existing combo will work with minimal changes.

QUESTIONS: Where are you all placing the injector nozzles? I see he is using the stock washer reservoir, I have relocated the battery so I wonder if it would be smart to place a small cell at that location? What boost levels are you comfortable with?

MY GOALS: He ran 10.79@129 ten plus years ago on a old school 71 turbo. I currently have a billet impeller 6768 with external gate and Turbosmart eboost2 controller installed. This is a Turbo 400 converted car with 9" PTE, 218 flat tappet and massaged/modded internals. I hope to run sub 10.50 as this turbo is making a lot more power and comes on really strong. Planning to run around 28psi and the car should launch hard with a Wolfe Racecraft treatment and adjustable Baseline Suspension upper control arms.

YOUR THOUGHTS AND INPUT: Please provide any feedback you think could be helpful. I've been out of Turbo Buicks for almost 20 years so there is a modern learning curve going on here!

I know of several 9 second street cars that run alky no issue. They have larger turbos than yours. You'll be fine.

You should be using one nozzle and have someone familiar with tuning a 93/alky car tune it. Ive seen engines damaged with boost in the low 20's and engines with stock crank and rods last years at sub 10.50 power with more than 30psi boost. Anytime someone asks me what boost they should run my reply is always keep it close to stock. There's way more to it than the manifold pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of several 9 second street cars that run alky no issue. They have larger turbos than yours. You'll be fine.
He won't be if the tune is off. The turbo has little to do with the reliability. Seen plenty of 11 sec cars lift heads and pound out rod bearings because of inability to grasp what's really going on with 93/alky. There's little room for error with 93/alky with 10 sec or better power

He won't be if the tune is off. The turbo has little to do with the reliability. Seen plenty of 11 sec cars lift heads and pound out rod bearings because of inability to grasp what's really going on with 93/alky. There's little room for error with 93/alky with 10 sec or better power

Little room for error with race gas as well on a limited displacement engine ;)

I assumed he would be having professional help to tune that Classic Fast system he mentioned...
He seemed concerned that the new turbo would not be able to handle an alky tune, just pointing out that there are faster cars than he plans on going that work well with alky.

Last edited: