Congrats Saints....

Also...Im done posting in this thread...Its totally pointless...Will update this thread 13 days from now..;)

Good job Shawn!! Vikings had numerous chances to win. They couldn't do it. Favre made a bad decision and gave it away.

Bottom line is both teams do not have a real good defense, but the Saints have a better offense.

Your fitty is right here!

You mean the Vikings beat themselves...

Two of the Vikings scoring drives were kept alive by third down penalties... they got their fair share of breaks.

Are you capable enough to look up stats on your own?Since it appears not,I will help you out this once,new orleans Total Defense...Ranked 25th in the league...Pathetic.

Colts Total Defense...18th overall..Not great,But better than the Saints.And they looked much better in the Playoffs than the Pathetic Saints D did.

Lets see... the Saints blew the Cardinals out of the Dome while allowing 14 points. That's the same Cardinal team that torched the Packers for 51 the week before.

Then they give up 28 to the Vikings with Brett Favre playing just about the best 59:53 of his life.

Not too shabby.

Meanwhile the Colts beat two teams whose offenses can't find the end zone with a road map. :rolleyes:

If you do not know enough about football to know it is all about matchups,Than I dont know what to tell you.The Saints do not match up well against Indy...Indy does not give up many sacks...The Saints will not get pressure on Manning...Manning is a better QB than Warner or Favre...He will have time to throw the ball...And too many weapons for the saints to deal with.

You may be right... which just means the Saints could win 48-45 because the Colts haven't played anyone with an offense close to that of the Saints.

Another thing,Like mostly everything else you have said so far your Incorrect about.And 2 common opponents dont really tell you much,especially when they both stink.

Cardinals, Patriots, and Jets. None of them stink. Very similar results... except for the Pats whom the Saints blew out while the Colts had to get lucky to win.

Keep the Party going down there...Its over in 2 weeks.

At least we're having a party. :p

Too bad you are going to get absolutely Slaughtered by Indy...That game was Painful to watch,Saints could barely beat a Vikings team that tried there best to lose that game.

My sentiment 100%...barely beat a team at their worst, and still tried time and time again to give it back. That was one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen...It wont be a slaughter, but I'd love to see it so all the "Who Dat" will go away. It wasnt a Brees to get past the Viks, so N.O. better show up...but my guess is the 'aints show up.

bye bye Brett

I have to wonder if the hit hat injured Bret was legal. Low at the back of the knees

Plus the Vikings offensive line did almost nothing to protect Bret, where the Vikings barely laid a hand on Drew.

The hit was illegal and should have been a 15 yd penalty. That play was the definition of the Carson Palmer rule. He had an ACL injury on a play just like that a few years ago, then the league tightened up that type of play requiring a flag if a defensive player (usually lineman) fall into the lower legs by accident or not. The refs just flat missed that one but I was saying the whole game to my brother-in-law that the refs were doing their best to make sure the Vikings had every chance and second chance with BS penalty calls on the Saints Defense. Football officiating is the same as Baseball....When the casual fan/observer becomes aware of the official, then the Official is too involved and usually has a negative effect on the outcome. Its a Championship game....let the players decide who wins. Thankfully, in this case, Brett and A.P. eventually made it possible for the Saints to move on for their beatdown at the hand of the Colts in two weeks.

What 19TTA89 fails to realize is that the Saints have not had their defense healthy since week 6!!! I mean if he followed any Saints football he would know we had to re-sign people we cut just to have bodies on the field. Now the starting corners are healthy and Gregg Williams can dial up the pressure. It's going to be a high scoring Super Bowl. Prolly one of the better games in quite a few years. GO SAINTS!!!

What 19TTA89 fails to realize is that the Saints have not had their defense healthy since week 6!!! I mean if he followed any Saints football he would know we had to re-sign people we cut just to have bodies on the field. Now the starting corners are healthy and Gregg Williams can dial up the pressure. It's going to be a high scoring Super Bowl. Prolly one of the better games in quite a few years. GO SAINTS!!!

Maybe they should keep signing people...They still dont look too healthy.

Almost 500yds of offense given up...Shows why they were ranked 25th in the league.To a Vikings team that has played Terrible on the road all year.

The only way they are going to Dial up any pressure is with the Blitz...That will be the biggest Mistake they can and probably will make in the game.

Cant wait for the game...:biggrin:

My last post until superbowl Sunday,Where I will be back to talk to all of you Bandwagon Saints fans...:p

Then you can all cry.."at least we got there"...Or the always great..."wait until next year"/...lol

Maybe they should keep signing people...They still dont look too healthy.

Almost 500yds of offense given up...Shows why they were ranked 25th in the league.To a Vikings team that has played Terrible on the road all year.

The only way they are going to Dial up any pressure is with the Blitz...That will be the biggest Mistake they can and probably will make in the game.

Cant wait for the game...:biggrin:

My last post until superbowl Sunday,Where I will be back to talk to all of you Bandwagon Saints fans...:p

Then you can all cry.."at least we got there"...Or the always great..."wait until next year"/...lol

475 yards given up, still 28-31. Statistics are one thing, points win the game.

I thought you were done posting???? :D Oh and at least we did get there. Who's your team? Giants? Jets? Pats? Buffalo? Philly?
All flat out beaten by the Saints. Colts are next. Get my money ready, I want it paypal'd. :D:D

Since I consider you a good friend, I'll save you a spot on the bandwagon. :smile:

475 yards given up, still 28-31. Statistics are one thing, points win the game.

I thought you were done posting???? :D Oh and at least we did get there. Who's your team? Giants? Jets? Pats? Buffalo? Philly?
All flat out beaten by the Saints. Colts are next. Get my money ready, I want it paypal'd. :D:D

Since I consider you a good friend, I'll save you a spot on the bandwagon. :smile:

Worse...I've told you before,Im a Steelers fan.

Have been a steelers fan For about 30years now...The Steelers D took a Dump this Year,But still did ok Statistically.I think the Colts gave the game to the Jets at the end of the Regular Season,Just to deny the Steelers a chance to get in the Playoffs.

No Excuses...Steelers Sucked this Year,Saints are in the Big Game...And the Colts are going to slap them around in it..:D

Paypal my azz...If you win,You get a Big Box of Pennies..:cool:

I have been on a tear...6 out of 7 games won against the spread in the playoffs...Im going with the Colts.

Im sure My Bookie would love to get some of his money back:eek:

I am a Steelers Fan..And whoever plays Dallas each week...Other than that,I could care less who wins/Loses...unless I have money on them.

I stopped responding to people who Obviously have no clue,And will tell you in 1 breath that the Jets stink when the Colts beat them,But when the Saints beat them..They were a good team...I started this thread...if I deem you a football moron/bandwagon fan..I will just Ignore you...:biggrin: i give you the benefit of the Doubt Damon..At least you have mentioned the Saints to me in the Past...lol

Its easy to spot the People who really have no clue.

Forgot you were a Steelers fan. That explains it all.....yall were supposed to "unleash hell" in November or December??

Just let us enjoy our two weeks. We made it to the big game, hopefully we win, and you send me my pennies!

Forgot you were a Steelers fan. That explains it all.....

All of what...How I have a Knack of Picking the winners?:biggrin:

7 superbowls.....Won 6 of them...What can I say.

Saints..43 years...1st superbowl trip...Way to go...:biggrin:

Steelers play New Orleans next year...In N.O.

Finished out winning the last 4 straight...Not quite hell...But you have to start somewhere.

Mark that as a a loss for next year...lol..In case you were having any Delusional perfect season thoughts.

Minnesota should have won at the end of regulation but Favre did the unthinkable and instead of rushing for 10 yards and getting a somewhat easy field goal setup,

Congrats The Saints won the game. No disrespect to the Saints and their fans BUT
It should have been a blow out. Thats what 5 turn overs gets ya. 31/28 loss v/s 17/42 that should have been. The better team lost that game. The Saints better step it up if they are going to beat the Colts. The Colts wont gift wrap 3 fumbles and 2 interceptions. BTW I am pulling for the Saints.

Like the name of this thread...CONGRATS SAINTS.

I didnt think they would pull it off....They cost me $550 Bucks,But at least it was a good game.

I still believe the colts are the better team...But not on this day.

Again...CONGRATS SAINTS FANS...:biggrin:

ps...The $550 is a drop in the bucket compared to what I was up through the playoffs...;)