Composite Riveria Composite Gasket??

Realspool

I have heard of these type of gaskets being used and seemingly sealing better then the copper ones.I tried ordering one about 6 months ago from Ramchargers but it never came.I think there explanation was that they don't carry it anymore.Does any one know where I could get this Gasket for the turbo to header surface :confused:

Do a search get the part number and try to have a local GM dealer track some down in the "network".

After that I would try the used parts guys B. Weaver and M. McCoy as they sometimes have it.

Parts wanted add on the Buick boards.

And no you can't have any of mine, I only have 2 left. :)

By the time you find one perhaps you could have had the flanges properly filed flat and sealed without one. Never tried that myself however. ;)

Yeah Salvage6 i don't think I could file the flanges flat.I would probably make them worse but thanks for letting me know about some of the sources that might still have them.:cool:

I think this is the original part number from my files.

Turbo Inlet Gasket - Riviera GM#1261269

Good luck.

Thanks for the info Salvage.i got a feeling this is going to be a long search though.I really don't want to go back to a copper gasket.

That is the correct number for the gasket but read this thread http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106268&highlight=1261269

I just got done spending about 4 hours making my flanges flat again and I think it was time well spent, well at least until I have to remove the turbo and create another exhaust leak. I made a special fixture for my power drill so I could do the manifold still installed on the engine. I used 3M abrasive grinding wheels, 80 grit 4" diameter. You can find them at HomeDepot. The stock wheels use a flexible backing plate which is no good so I made a reinforcement out of 1/4" plywood to keep the wheel from flexing. Just take the turbo off and grind away at a moderate speed until all the rust is sanded off. I used a 6" metal ruler as a straight edge to gauge how flat I was getting the flange at. I also found it was easier if I took a little off the 3 ears first before I made the entire flange flat. You will have to take the studs off the turbine to do the opposite to the turbo. The same applies here, start on the 3 ears and than do a final finish cut to make it flat.

I have owned my Buick for 10 plus years and I never had any problems with the sealant or gasket.So I don't think it needs to be filed.i just want to make sure if those Riveria gaskets are still out there since most guys have had good luck using them.Thanks for all the information though.