I'll be posting pictures and progress on my t type over the 4 day weekend I have coming up here. The story on the car is that it sat for a couple decades after the original owner passed away and his wife just kept it hidden away. Finally, she was ready to part with it and drug it out and slapped a sign on it. The guy I bought it from saw it and had to have it, so he bought it and trailered it home. He changed the oil and coolant, and did the trans filter and fluid as well. When he fired it up, it started smoking bad and he's not really a mechanic and didn't feel like putting in the effort to figure it out. Everyone was telling him the turbo was probably shot, and he priced out turbos (installed) and decided he'd rather have my C4 Vette after seeing it on CL. So he texts me a trade offer for the Buick and sends some pictures over. He said the car had 41K original miles (which I doubted) and it smoked bad, and people were telling him it was the turbo. Well, I've had turbo cars before, and I can rebuild turbos, so I figured it was worth it to check it out. He trailered the car to my place and as soon as I saw it in person, I knew I was gonna take it off his hands. The interior is MINT! no wear on the seats, pedals or armrests, so I figure it's a legit 41/k mile car. Well, the battery is dead and it won't take a jump, but it does turn over, just not fast enough to start it. We did the deal and the pain in my a$$ Vette is gone, so I'm happy. I got a new battery for it and fired it up. Started a little hard, and idled rough but it smoothed out after a few seconds, so I figure I'm doing good. Well, then it starts smoking and I knew I was in for some crap. It was not smoking from the tailpipe, like a typical bad turbo seal would do, it was POURING smoke from the breather. That's some serious blowby, and almost no smoke at all from the tail pipe. I had initially suspected stuck or broken rings, but I figured I'd pull the oil pan and heads off to check out the bottom end before ordering any parts. Turns out, the 3 cylinders that had no compression (30-90 ish from worst to best, the other 3 were a solid 155) had the fire rings on the head gasket blow out into the lifter valley. The bottom end is still in super shape, and thankfully, there was no milkshake in the pan. The oil was dark for just being changed, because of the combustion gases, but no chunks or metallic particles or "glitter" I took all the grimy parts to work to give them a good cleaning, blasted what needed to be blasted, repainted the intake, refinished the valve covers and all that stuff while waiting for parts. Got the Victor Rienz OEM style head gaskets and ARP head bolts yesterday and bolted the heads back on and torqued them down, using permatex ultra copper to seal the threads and permatex spray copper in light coats on the head gaskets. The heads and block were really straight, thankfully. Less than .001" out, so I cleaned both surfaces up with 320 grit on a diamond ground flat block to make sure I was keeping it flat. The rest of my parts should be here tomorrow and I'll be posting progress pics of my front mount intercooler install and my external wastegate install, and my custom 3" downpipe. Oh, and yes, I did need to do some header repair, they were cracked in several spots. I suspect the culprit that killed the original head gaskets was a stuck wastegate. I pulled with everything I had and couldn't budge the actuator rod, so that's one reason I'm going with an external gate. Gonna be changing the layout a bit with the intake tract, and not going "draw through" throttle body. Hopefully the stock TB is up to the task of being in the charged side of the intake system..... I'll keep you posted!