complete rebuild now no start!

onefastcar

mono e mono
Well got fuel but getting no spark, ignition module checked good (autozone paid 100 bucks 4 mos ago and want to get my moneys worth) coil pack checks good new from caspers also have 12 volts to the module, crank sensor just changed and looks like its perfect all connectors tight power to ecm, cam sensor cap is new (caspers blink light cap and put in as per Steves site) and cam interupter ring and all associated looked good. Can someone point me in the right direction, i have a backup ecm should i change this really don't know(ecm from bweavy)?:confused:

WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY? DOES THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON? IF IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE ECM. I HAD THE SAME THING WITH MY CAR AND I CHANGED THE ECM AND ALSO ADDED A GROUND KIT. TRY THAT AND POST AS MUCH INFO AS YOU CAN. GOOD LUCK.:cool:

Did you try the "Trouble shooting" link at Vortex Turbo Buick Performance ?

Edit:
KC had similar issues working on someone's car (if I my memory serves me correctly) and it was the wire connector to the module.
Verify the wire connectors to the ecm as well.

I had Autozone check a module an they said it was good only to go to Oreily's an have them tell me it was bad with there machine!! And it was!!

I had Autozone check a module an they said it was good only to go to Oreily's an have them tell me it was bad with there machine!! And it was!!

Can Oreily's check the coil pack and the ignition module?
Thnx,
Jimmy

BTW: I'd check the crank sensor for the no start, I just replaced mine yesterday for a no start. Be sure to gap it at .25 or .025 from the interupter ring, & make sure to place it so the slot furtherest away from the connector is the one being interupted. I used a trick that I read on here, take a buisness card, tear a small strip off & fold it over double thickness to use as the gap tool. Allow the sensor to stick itself to the interupter ring, then slide it away from the interupter far enough to get the folded card in between, then push it against the ring & tighten it up.
Good luck.

Can Oreily's check the coil pack and the ignition module?
Thnx,
Jimmy

Yes they can!! As far as the coil pack you can use a Ohm Meter an all post should have @ least "12.8" ohms I think it is.

Is the interrupter ring in the correct slot on the crank sensor?

Its in the last slot on the crank sensor and just checked with my caspers coil tester and it looks good on the coil and module, fuses are good just checked again and i am well grounded at the ignition module also, let me drink beer and think it over any suggestions would be appreciated.

circuit 839 (M) to c3i has 11.8 volts and when i put a test light on it its steady, so do i have a bad connection to the module i have no bent pins, also no error codes on scanmaster?

dumb question but... did you check the orange wire at the battery to the computer!!!

I thought I ask :D

Yes ecm wire is connected, i'm still clueless have put on now 3 different ign. modules and used the caspers coil tester and they all are showing bad the last one i got was from NAPA and i'm not believing this, i show injector pulse and have fuel, is it really possible that this module is bad also, i even have a ground strap on it, i am just holding my head in hands, i just don't know.

have put on now 3 different ign. modules and used the caspers coil tester and they all are showing bad .

Sounds like this is the right area to be in. Can you clarify this a bit, you put three ignition modules in, and checked them with a coil tester? Did you replace the ignition module 3 times, or the coil pack, or both? Which shows bad?

Hang in there!

changed the ignition module 3 times have a caspers ign module tester but heard it wont work on aftermarket ones, coil reads 13 over the coils and no my grounds are to the intake i have a ground stretcher kit.

changed the ignition module 3 times have a caspers ign module tester but heard it wont work on aftermarket ones, coil reads 13 over the coils and no my grounds are to the intake i have a ground stretcher kit.:rolleyes:

I'm startin to think i have a broke wire, guess i need to check all the stinkin wiring to the ccci.