complete rebuild now no start!

Also i noticed in the new ecm i have a extender chip and my friend pointed out how my ses light was blinkin really rapidly or what he said was still a bad connection and then it went bright lit up (do the extenders do this blink the ses light) i'm gonna put my TT chip in that ecm because i think it may be disabling the car, also will the nuetral safety switch prevent ignition or how does it prevent ignition? I'm feelin a little better its just hard to get a hand around this time of year people really get wrapped up with the holidays approaching.

I recently made some vast improvements to my 87 GN by using a tiny screw driver with some conductive grease on it. I carefully dabbed a tiny amount to the ecm & coil module connector pins. But I can see how this might be a bad idea if not done in moderation. I've not found a good source for the stuff as of yet, I just had some left over from years back.

I would think if you had your engine out, the exposed connectors would be suspect first, since they tend to oxidize or corrode when exposed to the elements.

I thought they were gonna have spell check on this new ver of the bulletin board? Awe screw it.......

Good Luck,
Jimmy

Well i think i've figured it out but will report back tommorrow my ecm connection to the d and c side 1/5th of the way through the connector had some pretty good corrosion HA cleaned them and now i get an injector pulse, soaked em pretty good and used a toothbrush to get a little deeper, leetin em dry up till tommorrow its looking more promising, i'll report back but heres hoping.:D

Here is a good thread on ECM Connector corrosion.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/198948-low-computer-voltage.html

I think all this is what started my rebuild it makes sense now because i blew both head gaskets and the corrosion was around all those connections for the injectors, believe you me the connections are gonna be clean.:D

Well for piece of mind sake i'm probably gonna splice in a new connector, just talked to Dennis at Caspers and this is what he said and i am agreeing with this thought process.

Thanks for the post Jerryl, it really helped!