Competent turbo rebuilder(s)

Was screwing around Googling things and ran across something that better explained what I was thinking.
turbo4barrelcarburetora.png

I have been trying to find the carb plenum that you posted Matt, but could never find it. I think Romone posted one before too... Is there a name for it? It would help with hood clearance problems and would work great for aftermarket turbos. This is the simplest one I`v seen yet:biggrin:
photo1085a.jpg

Get a pipe kinda like this, but more like 2 half U bends and lower the carb, but make it very short so the gas doesn't puddle... if possible?
pvcusshapesiphon.jpg

Has anyone ever tried one of those carb boxes for blow through/supercharge?

Was screwing around Googling things and ran across something that better explained what I was thinking.
turbo4barrelcarburetora.png

I have been trying to find the carb plenum that you posted Matt, but could never find it. I think Romone posted one before too... Is there a name for it? It would help with hood clearance problems and would work great for aftermarket turbos. This is the simplest one I`v seen yet:biggrin:
photo1085a.jpg

Get a pipe kinda like this, but more like 2 half U bends and lower the carb, but make it very short so the gas doesn't puddle... if possible?
pvcusshapesiphon.jpg

Has anyone ever tried one of those carb boxes for blow through/supercharge?

aj has the third picture turbo setup. ask him, he will know its name...

Problem is the monte bump looks like barf on a cutlass hood. Its not clean enough. The outside line looks good on a monte and even a regal but the olds has the indented hood with the straight line and the bump has an angle.

I picked it up because it was there. Really wish the car wasnt stripped. Was a real nice one. T tops, turbo, center console with buckets car. Guy said he bought it from a guy that used it as a DD then wanted to dirt track it and stripped and threw EVERYTHING away. Life of a dirt tracker I guess.

picture935.jpg

picture829.jpg

i like it like that, cut a slit or two in the hood and leave a gap between the monte hood bulge and the cutlass hood itself. Thats what i would do. OR you can mold something similar to what the 80/80 turbo trans am had.

yes sir.

I have most of those systems. there in my manifold collection.

most are too rare or odd to try and run... there worth more money on the shelf then chopped up for what I want to do.

Plus, many units arent worth a ****. there was an obvious lack of technology in some of the early units. perfect example being that Shelby Spearco unit on that monte, in operation its worst then your stock system.

yes you can make a short pipe, but the more bends you induce the more sheer your going to get.

CFM is not in relation to sheer issue. physically, the more power your making, the more BSFC of total volume is passed. once the air reaches saturation level, sheer becomes very apprent. This 90* causes the "foot" to act like a water spigot.

Carbon sealed units start at 450.

like I said, if it were that easy, I would have done it already.

A.j.