Commitment List for Noble - October 15th 2011

You can add to the TX list:

Duke McClain - Easy Low 10's
Mitch Smith - Should be easy high 10's now
Geoff Newton - Easy 13's FWD late model Regal GS

I'll see who else I can get intentions from. :cool:

Couple of things:

1) We only have about 60 committments to race so we need to check with all the folks we can so we have a larger and stronger team this year than we did last year.

2) The BPG sticky thread has more views than we do and that is not acceptable. We lead by a large margin in posts. I'd like to see the Noble thread lead the pack in both categories every year.

3) The THS category has caught my interest and we may have to see if we have enough cars that meet the qualifications that we can have our own THS style event within the Shootout. Nothing official but something we can have fun with so throw out some ideas. I'm pretty much assured of 2nd place because GN1090SS has agreed to tow my car behind his. :cool:

Unfortunatly for me Phil I am running a 4 bolt turbo. But if you still need a tow:)

I'm trying to get some younguns in LS powered ponchos to drag their crap over to this race. None of them are very fast, but maybe I can get some of them to help our car count and bust off some 12s high 11s.

I know Rich, Teresa, and (insert their kid's name here) Crich still have their turbo LS trans am and the blue "GMC" pickup that ran well last year. Dunno if they are coming, but I would bet on it, they have been regulars lately. Also Terry Thompson that had the orange blazer blew the motor up @ last year's race and sold the truck to his brother, so it may make it back to the event but probably not this year.

That's about all the Amarillo guys I can think of. Anybody on here still talk to Art Freeman? He's had some fast stuff, but I don't know if he still runs Buicks.

Thanks, Will. Bring all the eligible cars you can muster.

Art left the Buick community several years ago. Think he is running LSX powered Camaro. Wish he had picked a Firebird instead.<G>

What about Bones? I feel pretty sure he will be here but have no firm confirmation.

Thanks, Will. Bring all the eligible cars you can muster.

Art left the Buick community several years ago. Think he is running LSX powered Camaro. Wish he had picked a Firebird instead.<G>

What about Bones? I feel pretty sure he will be here but have no firm confirmation.

Bones would rather drink a swimming pool full of bleach than miss FvB. I saw him a month or two ago and he's already looking forward to October.

You can add to the TX list:

Duke McClain - Easy Low 10's
Mitch Smith - Should be easy high 10's now
Geoff Newton - Easy 13's FWD late model Regal GS

I'll see who else I can get intentions from. :cool:

That FWD GS of my sons... better move it up the list a little further ;) It may turn out to be the fasted FWD this event has ever seen!

Put me down for a spot. Im not sure what it will run this time.....last time out was knocking on the door for a high 10, but made a few changes so not sure what to expect.

Wayne Turner
1970 Skylark

As you see gotta get it out and knock the dust off!!!!!

Picture981.jpg

Whats up Wayne, long time no talk/see. You need to bring that out to one of our club races at Redline for a tune up race. :)

Thats the goal. Right now I have the interior tore out of it and put Dynomat down, cut the side bars out of the cage and the halo, almost done with the fuel system line changes. Relocated battery to the back. Did all the oil mods to the block and machined. Just gotta put it back together and see what I have.Only engine change was getting rid of the hypereutectic pistons. May try running the SP1 single plane over the old Performer that was on it. Guess the point of all that was to say I really dont know what I will have once its back togther and the plan is to get at least one day to run it out here somewhat local before I haul it out to Noble and find it has gremlins in it..... I will hit you up once its back together....

A little ways from being ready to drive yet, unless an upside down bucket to sit on and a pair of vise grips pulling trans selector will pass tech......

DSCN1995.jpg

I just made my reservations at Ruby's Inn for the 14th & 15th. It's not too early and the rooms will start to fill up quickly over the next few weeks. The breakfast food in the attached restaurant is old fashioned good and the after race parties in the parking lot are fun. Traditionally the place has been clean and well taken care of in the past. At $50 a night, it is reasonably priced too.

Rubys Inn & Restaurant
(405) 527-5577
1737 S Green Ave, Purcell, OK 73080

A little ways from being ready to drive yet, unless an upside down bucket to sit on and a pair of vise grips pulling trans selector will pass tech......
It is looking good Wayne! :cool:

A little review of my artwork from last year still seems appropriate:
FordsAtWork-1.jpg
emoticons387.gif

Please let me know when the updated 2011 flyer, rules and logo are available so that I can help promote this event on other sites. :biggrin:

Maybe, we'll see. If anything, i'll spectate...

This is my first post, as I JUST joined and became a member of your site. Shawn/Iron Indian already knows this, (as I have started a thread on one of our Grand Prix National boards, and another on our local forum, and discussed it on Facebook along with a link) that several of us from Kansas are planning on attending your event with our Grand Prix's.

~F~

This is my first post, as I JUST joined and became a member of your site. Shawn/Iron Indian already knows this, (as I have started a thread on one of our Grand Prix National boards, and another on our local forum, and discussed it on Facebook along with a link) that several of us from Kansas are planning on attending your event with our Grand Prix's.

~F~

Good, bring em down! Welcome to turbobuick.

I just made my reservations at Ruby's Inn for the 14th & 15th. It's not too early and the rooms will start to fill up quickly over the next few weeks. The breakfast food in the attached restaurant is old fashioned good and the after race parties in the parking lot are fun. Traditionally the place has been clean and well taken care of in the past. At $50 a night, it is reasonably priced too.

Rubys Inn & Restaurant
(405) 527-5577
1737 S Green Ave, Purcell, OK 73080

It is looking good Wayne! :cool:

A little review of my artwork from last year still seems appropriate:
FordsAtWork-1.jpg
emoticons387.gif

I just reserved our room at Rubys :biggrin:

~F~
Awesome! I would love to see some more Pontiacs involved at this event too.