Cold idle problems

sailbrd

Do not have scanner at this time, crapped out as I was working on this problem. Hope to have them soon.
Symptoms: on cold start car will start fine, go to 1600 rpm's then drop to 1200, 800, 400..... die. If I use the throttle to warm it up it will drive pretty good except for slow response to coming off of the throttle.

I have done the following: 1. new wires and plugs 2. New heated O2 sensor 3. cleaned the throttle body 4. cleaned the MAF.

The MAF is a Delco so it could be original, car has 40,000 miles on it. Any ideas?

Without a scan tool it is practically impossible to tune these cars.
Most likely your IAC/TPS is out of adjustment. I would highly
recommend getting a scanmaster and mount it on your dash.

hello; You said you cleaned the TB? Did you clean the IAC vale also? If so forget about cleaning it as to me it sounds like a IAV valve problem. From just being gubbed up or defective. Also do what the prior post says.
IBBY

Sounds like IAC problem to me....

You can bump up the idle screw on the TB..... say 1/2 a turn.... then use a multimeter on the TPS signal wire going to the ECU to set it..... and see if that works. It will help lower your IAC numbers..... which should help the stalling issue assuming they are too low.

Obviously, this would be much easier with a scanmaster or PL.

Without a scan tool it is practically impossible to tune these cars.
Most likely your IAC/TPS is out of adjustment. I would highly
recommend getting a scanmaster and mount it on your dash.

I agree with this...... Your IAC is set to low and the throttle blade is closing. And also that the IAC is not set to around 10-30 and the TPS set correctly, you will get that stumble when you rap on the throttle. My car loves to be around 15-20 on the IAC....