Coach's Custom Parts...

OK,OK, a Power 6 it is. I will get it designed and cut in. I have my current set-up for sale, so I need some time to do it.

I'll post pics when done.

Coach

OK,OK, a Power 6 it is. I will get it designed and cut in. I have my current set-up for sale, so I need some time to do it.

I'll post pics when done.

Coach

Our shop is being gutted and the floor fixed. I have not been able to get to the machine and good news came the other day. We are getting a new machine that is faster and more programmable than the other. It will make the Power 6 logo more clear than the old one. Its coming, just hold on. May take till fall. Remember I am a high school football coach and my busy time is here.

Thanks
Coach

How expensive it is to get CNC work done like that?

Well the programming is the hardest part. For a 3D part, it takes about 3hours to get a solid model so you can create a tool path. The trailing arm was pretty easy as I desinged it in 2D. It took about 45 min. When I did my blower intake for my 409 car, that took about 25 hours. The price is about $55 hour shop rate. The good news is the machine does its part pretty fast. It only takes about 30 min to cut each side, so 2 hours and you have a set of arms. I cannot offer to make parts for board members as I am not a vendor. I have been down that trail and it is not for me. I would help guys out if I could, but I cannot make them parts without being a vendor. No selling or offers I was told.

Sorry
Coach

that motorcycle wheel is nice, is that guy a mason?

Yes he is actually. Lodge 408 or 409 in Meadville, Pa. I do not think it influenced his design, I think his love of Sci-fi did. The arrow heads started out to be snake heads with the eyes on thier backs. He is a strange dude. Cool, but strange.

Thanks
Coach

Well the programming is the hardest part. For a 3D part, it takes about 3hours to get a solid model so you can create a tool path. The trailing arm was pretty easy as I desinged it in 2D. It took about 45 min. When I did my blower intake for my 409 car, that took about 25 hours. The price is about $55 hour shop rate. The good news is the machine does its part pretty fast. It only takes about 30 min to cut each side, so 2 hours and you have a set of arms. I cannot offer to make parts for board members as I am not a vendor. I have been down that trail and it is not for me. I would help guys out if I could, but I cannot make them parts without being a vendor. No selling or offers I was told.

Sorry
Coach

if someone is good at 3-D AutoCAD modeling, can that be done at home so shop time is reduced? I'd like to get info so when I go searching for a place I'll have some knowledge.

if someone is good at 3-D AutoCAD modeling, can that be done at home so shop time is reduced? I'd like to get info so when I go searching for a place I'll have some knowledge.

Well that would be a plus, but I do not know of anyone who could afford a home computer that is capable of running the software. Even if someone did have a computer capable of doing so, you would have to have the same software it is designed in to manufacture it. Example, we run Pro E design software, our machine reads the file in Pro Man( Pro manufacture) to cut it. I tried to get a trial version of Pro E at home one time, it clogged my computer so bad, I had to clear it and reboot everything. The Pro E or Mastercam software is about $10,000-12,000 per computer. Way to expensive for anybody to have and a good computer like we run at the shop was $4500.00.
I draw blueprints still for most and convert to 3D later. That saves time, but only a hour or 2.

Hope this clears things up.
Coach

My new rear girdle...customized

Did this the other day.

Attachments

• U.R.TOAST.jpg
    U.R.TOAST.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 330