Coach's Custom Parts...

C

coach

Hey Guys,
Just a few items I have made for my GN and others. The trailing arms are 6061-T651 Aircraft aluminum. Bushings are greasable and they are toleranced so when tightened in car, they still move up and down. "No Binding". Will have numbers at the track soon. We are comparing these to Stock boxed arms on a friends car we know runs 1.60 60' times. If it improves, They work.
Just posted to show. I love fabricating my own parts.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• Custom trailing arm outside..JPG
    Custom trailing arm outside..JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,645
  • Custom trailing arm sway-bar side..JPG
    Custom trailing arm sway-bar side..JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,628
  • Custom trailing arm sway-bar side 2.JPG
    Custom trailing arm sway-bar side 2.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,629
My Booster plate...like Kenny Belle's

I was asked if I could make booster plates a while back. I did make a few. They were made out of 304 Stainless steel and flat within 0.0004 overall. Made a close tolerance set-up on an oil pump pretty easy. The originals were aluminum and wore like crazy. No wear here. These are completely non-magnetic. No particles in the oil would gather and act like a cutting compound. This plate works nice.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• My Booster plate..jpg
    My Booster plate..jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,584
Seat belt bracket.

I made these brackets real quick to install 4 point safety harnesses in my GN. Pretty simple, and very strong. If you buy floor mount belts and do not want to drill into your floor, these bolt to your seat studs and then the belt bolts in the middle. Just installed on both seats in my car. Just showing you guy to give you some ideas.

Thanks
Coach

I love this thread.

Attachments

• Custom_seat_bracket2_4_point.jpg
    Custom_seat_bracket2_4_point.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,563
  • Custom_seat_bracket_4_points.jpg
    Custom_seat_bracket_4_points.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,567
B&M Shifter bracket.

Just made this Saturday. Got a bracket off of a column shift Regal. Had to grind off some of the bracket thickness so they lined up. Made a shaft with the flats so it lined up as on the tranny and welded together. Now I do not have to run wires for my rev lights and I still have column lock and car will only start in park, just like factory. Still had to drill hole in floor for shifter cable to come thru for B&M shifter, but everything else stayed the same. I will post pics of the console mods as I do it.

Get to the junk yard and find these column shift brackets.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• B&M_bracket_with_Buick_lock-out.jpg
    B&M_bracket_with_Buick_lock-out.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,572
4 point seatbelts

Hey Guys,
These are the 4 point harnesses I put in. Not to race car looking, but gives the hint of "It's not slow". They are very nice and very affordable.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• yhst-4085386745764_1954_10312.jpg
    yhst-4085386745764_1954_10312.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,559
i bought those control arms from a company 6 years ago dont remember who. so i would search and se if they are (tm) or (r) or copyrighted by somewone.

mine are painted black when i got them. same design though.

I'm not selling them. I made them for my car. Metco makes an aluminum arm also. I designed these to be better. I have been an engineer for 18 years now. The Metco arms do not have a bridge for the sway bar to push against. If you look at mine, each side is different. One side is where the washers and nuts go, the other has a land for the sway bar to push against. You can only get it trouble if you make them to sell, and even then, it is a matter of just changing something very little and they are different. You can't put a patten on a bar that has been lightened and has 4 holes in it. If that was the case, there would only be one maker of boxed steel arms.

Thanks
Coach

Very nice, love seeing guys fab there own stuff especialy to this degree very cool stuff.Great job !

Control arms being made.

Here are some pics of a new set of arms being cut. Snapped these a week or so ago.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00397.jpg
    Copy of DSC00397.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,386
  • DSC00399.jpg
    DSC00399.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • DSC00398.jpg
    DSC00398.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,369
CNC Mills/Maching centers are nice, but you should see what I can do on our CNC wire EDM. That is how the oil booster plates are made. I have made several custom parts over the years. Go to the thread in general tech and find Powder coating heads. I posted pics of my blown 409 Chevy. I made 75% of the blower drive set-up as well as the intake and every bracket.

Thanks
Coach

Oh, now you're just showing off. :tongue:

I checked out the engine. Very, very nice. That needs to go in the 'Engine Bay Pics' thread. I think it's in the pictures section.

Thanks for the compliments Donnie. I am always open to help someone with whatever I can do. If you need something machined you can't do, let me know. I am sure you can return the favor if ever I need one. That car has one over 100 shows and been in several magazines and calenders over the years.

Thanks
Coach