Chip Quiz. Name this chip.

SixOn66

Finally A Racing Member
Can anyone help me idetify this chip. On the bottom stamped in white ink it reads:

JT8(G)AC28/P

I thought it was a Jim Testa chip by the first two letters. I emailed Jim, but he said it was not is. I assume the 28 part is the injector size. Got any ideas?

TIA

MJH

Those markings don't look familiar. Most commercial chips have a "branding" like Pit Bull (ATR), High Flow (KB), or a specific numbering scheme like the Thrashers. What you have is not one of the common types.

If you know anyone that has a prom burner, read the chip then send me the file. Most chip modifiers have a "signature" or certain changes they make to all/most of their chips. I'll look at it to see what changes have been made.

Even if I can't tell you who programmed it, I can tell you what's in it.

The numbers you are referring to are manufacturer code numbers printed on the underside of the chip. They have no relavance to what's programmed on the chip. If there is no label anywhere else on the chip, you need to read the contents and decipher accordingly.

There were quite a few manufacturers of the 2732 EPROM chips but no one is actually manufacturing the chip today. It's waaaay old technology by today's standards.

-John Spina

www.gnspyder.com

www.casperselectronics.com