Chinese Space Program

Chinese officials also argue that the United States has wasted wealth and energy on the complex and inherently risky shuttle. That gives China, though still at least a generation behind in space technology, a chance to catch up.

China intends to reach the moon by 2010. Some here belittle the American moon landing in 1969, proclaiming they will do more than "plant a red flag and pick up rocks," as one space planner put it.

Maybe China should send their first man into space and bring him back without getting him incinerated before they flap their gums too much. :) I think they will find it's not as easy as they think.

China can't even make a watch that lasts more than a month or two and they are going to attempt space travel? :eek:

At least there will never be a shortage of people to blow up....

James

"China intends to reach the moon by 2010. Some here belittle the American moon landing in 1969, proclaiming they will do more than "plant a red flag and pick up rocks," as one space planner put it. "

Uh, if they do it in 2010, that puts them 40 YEARS behind us. They had better do more than pick up rocks. We did it when comeputers were the size of houses. Any boob can get to the moon now.

It is a cover for the goofballs in the military to devolop ballistic missiles that can reach anywhere in the world.

Tell them to see us in 40 years, then they will be to our scientists level so they can at least have a conversation

With there population, they could be there tomorrow if they all just stood on each other shoulders.:D

"China intends to reach the moon by 2010" and doing more than "plant a red flag and pick up rocks,

Thats thought provoking, who owns the Moon? The first to colonize? If so just think they could colonize the moon flyout and be in position to reach anyplace on the planet and remain in a geostationary orbit over any location at any time. I guess anything is possible, maybe in 20 years will be the ones under the gun to dis-arm and show them our Weapons of Mass Destruction. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around, although I'd hate to see it happen it very well could. We all know the big kid doesn't stay on top of the hill forever. Anyway just a thought...

Originally posted by Rollin
Thats thought provoking, who owns the Moon? The first to colonize?
The moon, like Antarctica, is covered by some international treaties that prohibit it being "owned" by anybody. In Antarctica, any nation is allowed to build a base , with some restrictions. Eg, they are not allowed to use it a nuclear waste dump. With the hazards, difficulty, & expense of travel to Antarctica, I doubt anyone would want to ...

ya know what the funny thing is? theres thousands of little nuts and bolts from our ships flying around up there, we know where most of them are, but they dont :D i think we might get to see a nice ol shooting star pretty soon.