China Headers

Its about time that the Buick community has a choice when it comes to buying parts,instead of being stuck chosing between a couple overpriced items.Sometimes u have no choice.Maybe it can be a wakeup call to some of the vendors who think they have the market cornered.That is what is great about our country,freedom to choose.I wonder if the Chevy or Ford guys are crying on their websites about the fact they have too many items to chose from.How many companies make headers for a small block Chevy?How many different countries are they made in???Where do u think the internals on the computer your looking at now come from???We should welcome the fact that someone is stepping up and giving people a choice.

This is as bad as the political forum;)

Bottom line is TurboBuick owners will have to decide between innovation and replication.....

I don't know you but how can you come here knowingly that you stole a design and sell them here for a 1/4 of the cost. :confused: :confused:

It's people like you that ruin the legitamite companies that spend countless hours of R&Ding and have their products reproduced. You don't know the trickle down effect that you have caused.

How about trying to reproduce a currently available GM or Ford product. Your A$$ will be in jail.

If you are so pro-Buick, how about reproducing parts that we need.....grilles, MAFs, fan delay relays, stuff that has been discontinued.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Why do you have such a problem with this guy??? If you dont like them Dont Buy Them & buy Nick"s? Altho, the way you talk you must have at least one set of his already?? Or do you even have a set of Nick's??

Those pictures I posted, I posted to show people the defect. I also posted that they would be replaced free of charge. Doesn't that constitute good business ethics?. I wasn't trying to hide anything from the people that bought them. We know that some of the headers had problems with the second production run and we wanted to find out who got them and get them replaced. SPX-7 didn't just say your screwed. He said, "Let everyone know that got the second batch we will send the corrections free of charge." Why would you still bash someone that does that?:confused:

You are certainly showing some good business ethics by making everyone aware of a problem & then standing behind your product. A+ for that. It looks like there needs to be a little quality control on your end before these products ship out? While everyone knows you get what you pay for, i'm sure your customers would also like a useable product out of the box?

I'm just shocked that people are buying these questionable products, from a questionable source with NO proven performance data. There has always been a market for cheap tires, recycled motor oil & used transmissions and my new favorite to the list........ Chinese headers. :biggrin:

I'm actually glad that someone copied the ATR headers and made them cheap to buy. I've bought two sets of them before they pass away and can't be bought anymore. I hate that any style of the headers are being copied from vendors that are still in business. You can't stop that unless you have plenty of money for lawyers and prove YOU designed the original header concept.

I believe my genuine ATR SS headers are the worst high dollar performance part I've ever purchased. They cracked, leaked and have been welded many times but they fit fine and they appear IMO to be the best style headers ever to come to market. If someone in the USA would build a set EXACTLY like the ATR units with the quality (meaning welds and flow design) I think they would out sell all the others.

Once again, trying to save $780 dollars!

SAMBALLS1,

I have NO problem at all with you or other China retailers that are trying to provide a cheap header alternative for the Turbo Buick. However, the fit and finish....meaning the proper sized holes and tube alignment when welded...should become a strong selling point when marketing these. Not everyone can modify or re-weld or even get to the spots where grinding is needed (small holes) to provide the best performance and fitment to the vehicle. The higher price that the AZ-TA headers provide is part of the labor that's involved getting them to fit, flow & perform out of the box.

I've said this before and I'll say it again to everybody...

Chances are if you can weld, grind, modify and have the patience to test fit several times the "made in China" brand headers by all means BUY THEM! They are worth it!

If your tool box has China made wrenches and sockets and it measures 8"x14"x10" AND you think that's all you'll need to install China headers... DO NOT BUY THE CHINA HEADERS!

lets see some pics of it... what brand DP did your friend get??

He bought the Headers along with the 3.5 DP internal gate from the same guy. I think it would be very rude of me to ask. Yeah can I take some pic's of you're stuff. So I could post it on TB.com. He just bought them a couple of weeks ago.

This entire thread is.....well I don't know what word to use.......let's just say it's "interesting".
I for one LIKE having a CHOICE of products to buy! If I want an expensive one....I'll buy one.......if I want an inexpensive one.....I now have the choice to buy it!
From what I've read here Sam seems OK to me!

I believe my genuine ATR SS headers are the worst high dollar performance part I've ever purchased. They cracked, leaked and have been welded many times but they fit fine and they appear IMO to be the best style headers ever to come to market. If someone in the USA would build a set EXACTLY like the ATR units with the quality (meaning welds and flow design) I think they would out sell all the others.

When I lived in South Carolina and worked for a Turbine Repair facility, we had the hardest damn time finding good welders. I know ATR had a harder time, because they couldn't pay 1/2 of what we were paying to a decent welder, so they were hiring "single mom's" and not "welders".

When the "Metco guy", I'll call him RK, used to work for ATR, he was really proud of one his new prototype ATR headers and brought it to a Buick club meeting to show it off. I looked it over for 10 seconds and said "its cracked" and handed it to my Ohio State welding engineer co-worker who proceeded to find 5 more cracks in it.

And that was brand new, never been mounted on a car.

When I lived in South Carolina and worked for a Turbine Repair facility, we had the hardest damn time finding good welders. I know ATR had a harder time, because they couldn't pay 1/2 of what we were paying to a decent welder, so they were hiring "single mom's" and not "welders".

When the "Metco guy", I'll call him RK, used to work for ATR, he was really proud of one his new prototype ATR headers and brought it to a Buick club meeting to show it off. I looked it over for 10 seconds and said "its cracked" and handed it to my Ohio State welding engineer co-worker who proceeded to find 5 more cracks in it.

And that was brand new, never been mounted on a car.

This is a great explanation...So the moral of the story is...even though a product is brand new from an AMERICAN company, it doesn't mean it's perfect. In this case...FAR from it! I honestly think these China made headers are a can't be beat item for the price. So what if they need some "work" done to them to make fit and flow properly...maybe another $100 to make them perfect and your still saving almost $700. I know I could use another $700 for other mods!

He bought the Headers along with the 3.5 DP internal gate from the same guy. I think it would be very rude of me to ask. Yeah can I take some pic's of you're stuff. So I could post it on TB.com. He just bought them a couple of weeks ago.

Saw it coming :rolleyes: If he really likes them, I think he won't mind...

Chances are if you can weld, grind, modify and have the patience to test fit several times the "made in China" brand headers by all means BUY THEM! They are worth it!

If your tool box has China made wrenches and sockets and it measures 8"x14"x10" AND you think that's all you'll need to install China headers... DO NOT BUY THE CHINA HEADERS!

lol.. no kidding..

**note the 2004r on the bench , LOL

these are both mine.. the black one is for work," and takes a flat bed wrecker to move when i have changed job locations" the second one " purple ish" color is for tweaking on the Buicks at home..

Attachments

• family pics 2006 371 (2).jpg
    family pics 2006 371 (2).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 220
  • family pics 2006 251 (2).jpg
    family pics 2006 251 (2).jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 227
I'm actually glad that someone copied the ATR headers and made them cheap to buy. I've bought two sets of them before they pass away and can't be bought anymore. I hate that any style of the headers are being copied from vendors that are still in business. You can't stop that unless you have plenty of money for lawyers and prove YOU designed the original header concept.

SAMBALLS1,

I have NO problem at all with you or other China retailers that are trying to provide a cheap header alternative for the Turbo Buick. However, the fit and finish....meaning the proper sized holes and tube alignment when welded...should become a strong selling point when marketing these. Not everyone can modify or re-weld or even get to the spots where grinding is needed (small holes) to provide the best performance and fitment to the vehicle. The higher price that the AZ-TA headers provide is part of the labor that's involved getting them to fit, flow & perform out of the box.

Well, with corrections being made and having someone watching exactly what goes out and making sure it fits to specs it would be a good product right? - That's what goingt to happen! That's what the future is going to be for this product!

Saw it coming :rolleyes: If he really likes them, I think he won't mind...
Saw what coming? He knew I disapproved of them the second he showed them too me. I walked out into the light with the passenger side header looked inside and saw the poor craftsmanship. He looked at me with that deer in headlights look. I shook my head. I saw his DP flange then told him, mount the DP get a good carbon out line on the flange then get a dremel and grind away where it's entering the turbo exhaust housing. That's the part of the Flange that's bad. It's the radius around the inside of the exhaust housing. It's not quality like bellow. :frown: But that's what you get for being a cheap a$$.

DSC01440.jpg