China Headers

Us TurboBuick owners have NEVER been able to all get along thus why we have 3 messageboards for such a small community. That will never change and I can't figure out why. We are a stubborn bunch!

You forgot to add that we want something for nothing...or at least as cheap as the Chevy guys can get their parts.:D :D

Last time I checked.. most every late model stainless header made by Kooks Custom Headers or SLP cost right around a G-note. Like we got it soooooo bad.

Sorry I was unaware. Most vendors have some sort of reference on their posts to whom they are associated with. Still the thread s/b locked imo.

Locking threads is childish. Let people express their views & make their own conclusions. We arent 10 year olds & we all spend money & play with cars so lets be adult enuf to form our own conclusions instead of being told were not allowed to talk about certain things. This board used to be notorious for that before the changes & its now definately proving to be for the better.
When your at work you dont Ban someone for their views & opinions, it gets sorted out after people decide whether they are for or against & act accordingly. Just my opinion as yours was.

Last time I checked.. most every late model stainless header made by Kooks Custom Headers or SLP cost right around a G-note. Like we got it soooooo bad.

Thats because the group they cater to tends to be particularly willing to pay way too much for everything.

I've only got about five minutes to do this post so I stopped on page 3 of 90 some but here are some examples of headers that probably use more materials than gn headers and cost less. Keep in mind some of these are stainless AND coated. What does that cost for a gn? $1500-$2000?

Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers: FMS-M-9430-E462 - summitracing.com
Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers: FMS-M-9430-P50 - summitracing.com
Edelbrock Shorty Headers: EDL-65662 - summitracing.com
Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers: FMS-M-9430-T58 - summitracing.com
Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers: FMS-M-9430-S197C - summitracing.com
Edelbrock Shorty Headers with Ti-Tech Coating: EDL-65663 - summitracing.com
Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers: FMS-M-9430-E464 - summitracing.com

Also, I've asked before on this board why our vendors "can't even buy the materials" (their words) for out headers for $300 and yet everyone else seems to be able to get the material and build them for that or barely any more. What was the answer you ask? It's ..........

Also, I've asked before on this board why our vendors "can't even buy the materials" (their words) for out headers for $300 and yet everyone else seems to be able to get the material and build them for that or barely any more. What was the answer you ask? It's ..........

You build 50 sets of Buick headers and 500 sets of Mustang headers. That brings the price down significantly.

Even Mike at Full Throttle stopped further development of the headers they were going to make after the e-bay China headers came to market. I believe he also said that he could hardly buy the tubing and flanges for what the e-bay headers were selling for already welded.

Here's a part list of what it could/would take to make your own set.
Now, can someone fill in the prices to copy a set that's already been on the market...NOT including R&D? (seems copying is the thing to do these days) Any vendors that's already done the research on prices care to share?

2 head flanges
1 turbo flange
2 collectors
1 turbo support rod
2 cross over clamps
2 gaskets
misc bolts
misc tubing bends of different angles and sizes (you should already have done research on what angles are needed and how many before buying)

then YOU have them made and YOU make all the $$$$ !!! show us all how its done :rolleyes:

Grumpy, I'm not interested in manufacturing parts. I understand where you are coming from and to a point I agree. I'm all for supporting the vendors that support us. I can and do buy parts from our vendors even when I can get them a little cheaper somewhere else. What I'm not for is having that loyalty taken advantage of. I can do a simple search on google and find 7/8's 316 stainless tube for $20 a foot. That's if you're only looking to buy a couple feet. Now, even if there's 10 feet of tube in our headers that leaves $100 for mild steel flanges, a collector, bending and welding. That's not allot but if you add that stuff up, deduct the price difference for 304 vs 316 and add a bulk discount, that's the profit margin. Do you believe the sob stories that suggest $1000 is just a little profit? I don't. If someone is willing to show me how their manufacturing is so much better and the profit margin is reasonable, I'll just keep saving my money and buy from them. Or, maybe I'll by from the original designer of the the headers so I can support the guy that did the R&D. What I won't do is blindly believe what I'm told when it seems completely ridiculous. I don't know, I guess I'm kinda simple like that. :rolleyes:

Nice, and I mean NICE, collectors are well over $200 a set. Wipes out ole SS auto chrome right there;)

Those pictures I posted, I posted to show people the defect. I also posted that they would be replaced free of charge. Doesn't that constitute good business ethics?. I wasn't trying to hide anything from the people that bought them. We know that some of the headers had problems with the second production run and we wanted to find out who got them and get them replaced. SPX-7 didn't just say your screwed. He said, "Let everyone know that got the second batch we will send the corrections free of charge." Why would you still bash someone that does that?:confused:

Sam,

Plase advise status of replacements.

Thanks

The new build of headers along with the passenger side replacements for the 2nd production run should be arriving in the next couple of days! I will give you guys exact details as I receive the information. Thanks for your patience!

Sam

The Chinese headers also use Metric sizing. Not that that is bad, but if you need to repair a set, you will have a miss-match. Stainless steel is going up in price by the minute. I get a pretty good deal on stainless, and it is STILL ALOT more than what you can buy the Chinese headers, for. Now add in the cost of welding rod, Argon, electricity to run the TIG welder on, and my TIME.....and you have a TON of money into a set of headers. They take more time than you can imagine to develope. I, personally, do NOT work for three rice cakes a day. Across the pond, they work as they are told. Human rights be DAMNED!! So, keep buying the Chinese stuff. Keep suppling that country with all of our technology. Keep making some Chinese General rich. Maybe, just maybe, the general population will catch on and revolt just like we did with the British. (we can only hope). If you can buy stainless steel to build a set of headers for under $200..........I NEED your suppliers number!!!:mad: