Check this out

Love it!! One of the coolest set-ups I've seen. Too bad it's so difficult to hide the 4 inch pipe to the air cleaner.

Love it!! One of the coolest set-ups I've seen. Too bad it's so difficult to hide the 4 inch pipe to the air cleaner.

To the untrained eye, unless you look real close you don't see it. That car originally had a transaxle in the rear so it did not have much of a transmission tunnel in the floor. He fabbed a tunnel, covered it with carpet and ran the 4 inch pipe through there. So you do not see the pipe running inside the car. The car has run in the high 8's already.:eek:

that is 1 neet set up. to bad there are not any more photos.

I will see if I can get more pics. What do you want to see?

The car has run in the high 8's already.:eek:

Lovin it even more!! Very impressive. I'd love to see more of it. Those are some of my dad's favorite muscle cars. Back when they ran the Nostalgia class at Memphis, those 63's and 64's were some of the best to watch.

pics of anymore of it would be nice. I'm a big fan of any & all old Pontiac's. the brakes... are the manual or a hydroboost? it's hard to tell.

The brakes are a power master system from a GN.

Here another ride from the same guy.

This one is my favorite. 1961 Pontiac Ventura. It had a stroker Pontiac motor with 11.5 compression, a torker intake with the letters ground off then painted Pontiac blue and a 400 turbo with a brake. Check out the 3 inch exhaust. The car ran 12.50's
turk_61_side1.jpg

turk_61_side2.jpg

turk_61_front.jpg

turk_61_int.jpg

turk_61_eng.jpg

I'll get more pics of it. Are you going to BG with your car?

I don't have plans to take my car. I have to leave early Friday morning to be back for my sister's wedding. We'll have 2 TSM cars there. I'll be going to hang out with old friends and make new one's.

I'd take it back but to be honest I really don't care to be involved in the type of crap that goes on there. A few whiners and haters made up stories and lies to try and make me look bad:rolleyes: I really don't care what these cry babies think but I take it personal when they make up lies. Rather than taking a chance at me going off on some jerk and ruining my week, I'll leave the car at home.

I'd take it back but to be honest I really don't care to be involved in the type of crap that goes on there. A few whiners and haters made up stories and lies to try and make me look bad:rolleyes: I really don't care what these cry babies think but I take it personal when they make up lies. Rather than taking a chance at me going off on some jerk and ruining my week, I'll leave the car at home.

I couldnt agree more.

But man that is one badd ass Pontiac!

I don't have plans to take my car. I have to leave early Friday morning to be back for my sister's wedding. We'll have 2 TSM cars there. I'll be going to hang out with old friends and make new one's.

Dusty, I for one think the **** should create a V8 turbo class for other brand engines as long as it is a Buick body, this would help car count and participation IMHO. I would like to see you car at BG this year, but after the thread on the **** board I can't say I blame you. Too bad and another example of chasing away good guys. Glad you are still going to be there with some TSM cars though. :cool:

Doesn't make sense he couldn't compete in the 16 or something....

Just to clarify, you can have brand X car long as it has a buick motor? But you can't have buick car with a brand X motor in it. right? Not stirring just asking....

Just to clarify, you can have brand X car long as it has a Buick motor? But you can't have Buick car with a brand X motor in it. right? Not stirring just asking....
"Buick powered vehicles only."

Just to clarify, you can have brand X car long as it has a buick motor? But you can't have buick car with a brand X motor in it. right? Not stirring just asking....

I'm not even concerned with not running a class. I race locally every month here so I have no interest in racing in a class at BG. I'm also a heads up kinda guy.....no bracket racing 16 for me even if it had a Buick motor. I did enjoy test passes on the 1/4 because all my local races are 1/8 only. I have a track rental the weekend before BG on a 1/4 track so I'll see how that goes. I'll be kicking back in BG.

I agree Ted. Unfortunately a few closed minded individual's have some kind of say so in the ****. I was suprised how many spectators came by in BG and was glad to see somthing different and the support I got. I guess the few whiners didn't like that.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more pics of the 63

Ted,
I totally agree with you. But I just dont see it happening. Too hard headed and stubborn.

Looks like you're turning into a Pontiac man, John!!

I surprised no one has tried turboing and intercooling a Buick 350. There have been a few but they've been the blow thru type and they weren't intercooled. I know they can handle the HP. There's a guy on V8Buick.com who made over 1000hp with a blown one (not a roots, but the other kind) with no Hardblock. The crank and rods were custom billet pieces. He also used a stock iron intake...with a 5" carb spacer.