Changing from SMC to Alkycontrol kit

jayzelazo

I was previously running a SMC kit that I bought around 2000. With it, I had two M10 nozzles and would run the pump speed at around 3-6 (depending on my boost level).

After a pump and controller failer, it's time to upgrade and I now will be switching to a new Alkycontrol PAC setup. My intake is already plumbed for the two nozzles. Would it be a problem running the two nozzles on the new setup as I know that the pump has a much higher pressure/flow rate?

For tuning purposes, would running two M10s give the same amount of output as running one M15 if you adjusted the gain to be 75% of the dual nozzle setup? This seems too simple and I'm sure I'm missing other important factors here.

thanks

jz

JZ,
Question is how fast is the car? This is really what determines whether duals are needed.

Dont think you'll have issue unless the car is a stock motor running 18-20 PSI boost. Then the twin nozzle setup is overkill.

Razor,

I bought two its from you last fall, one for my Syclone and this one I'm putting in a car with a 2.65L 4 Cyl (forged rods, forged crank, forged pistons, darton sleeves, and a Garret ball bearing GT35R) that makes 550 wheel hp on C16.

jay

jayzelazo said:
Razor,

I bought two its from you last fall, one for my Syclone and this one I'm putting in a car with a 2.65L 4 Cyl (forged rods, forged crank, forged pistons, darton sleeves, and a Garret ball bearing GT35R) that makes 550 wheel hp on C16.

jay

Ahhh ha.. twins are no problemo then :)

Turn em down for same flow.. better yet.. turn em up.. turn the fuel down :biggrin:

2.65L.. whats that in?

Correct, Crawford R3 and running a hydra ems.

Not exacly sure how it will be hooked up but I think I'll have the hydra (similar to the FAST ems) turn on the Alkycontrol PAC. The Hydra uses a GM 3 bar sensor as well so I assume that I can wire up the same sensor to the ecu and the PAC?

jay

Schweeet :)

Yes you can tie the PAC into the 3 bar already in the vehicle.

Sure you dont want to step up to a 5 bar :biggrin: