Car stumbling code 34

ShaunDonWe2

I have translater and card style mass air flo, idles nice and scanner reading slightly high 9. Can't get it into throttle driving breaks up bad not even part throttle ? 80lb inj, TT chip, 4inch mass pipe with spectre card style mass pipe.

Turn the key on with the engine off. set the scanner and note the reading. Then slowly push the gas pedel to the floor. If it stays static, the ECM is getting a signal from the translator. If the reading increases with throttle, they aren't talking.

That test will not let you know if the translator and the MAF are happy with each other though.

Ok so got scanner hooked up key on engine off maf reading is at 6 no throttle and when you press the throttle it goes up. Any suggestions thanks

That means your ECM isn't hearing from the translator so it's making up numbers (so you can drive your stock GN to the dealership)

If the number would have stayed at 6, that means the ECM was in contact with the MAF (in this case, the translator)

Lol I swapped out with another ECM same thing, un hooked translater, samething, any solution? Where do I start? Everything is new on the car

It idles great but driving it with the ses light on, just a lil throttle and it breaks up and sputters real bad.

Yes, on on on off base 9 wot 0. I checked the grounds last night coming off the harness that go to the head and Trans bell housing they are tight and there. Could anyone tell me which wire on the ECM is for the maf? I am stumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's my 1st time attempting using the card style maf. I think it's a bad connection because when I unhooked everything trans, maf, it still reads the same thing at idle. Tonight going to follow those vortex instructions and see if I can find the gremlin! I only bought the Trans and maf to get the car running. I've got a ms3 but needs to be finish assembled.

Bypass the wiring to the MAF and run your own dedicated wire to the ECM. It's the gray wire with the red tracer. Be sure all pins are making solid contact

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, ground wire to maf had a short. Everything is a ok now, time for boost and tuning

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread, ground wire to maf had a short. Everything is a ok now, time for boost and tuning

Could you explain this in more detail? The ground wire had a short. Short to what? 5v or 12v? How did it not melt? Where was the short? Do you mean the signal wire was shorted to ground?

BPE2013@hotmail.com