car running horrible

84 Sleeper

OK so I have an 84 regal with the 87 drive train. The car is running horribly constantly wants to stall doesn't have the get up and go it should and the scan master readings are all over the page. I'm getting so annoyed I'm ready to part it out. If anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. And can you load video to the threads so I can show what the car is doing?

First off, did the car ever run right or this a new symptom? Did you change anything recently and what gas is in there?

The car use to run ok. The transmission was an issue but that has been fixed. I tried a new o2 and fresh 93 gas but it still isn't right.

Check both the lines from the battery to make sure they are tight and no burn through on the headers. Check the grounds on the back of the engine. If the trans shop didn't hook them up right it will run like crap.

I'm running a stock maf. I checked all wires and connections all are tight and look good.
Which does not mean much. What are your scanmaster numbers? Give the MAF a rap with a screwdriver while it is running. If it stumbles replace the MAF. Unplug the maf. Does it run a little better? If so, replace the maf. Do the simple stuff. Plugs and wires. Ohm the coil. Under the coil is the ignition modual. Is the stuff in there turning gooey? These are just a few of the simple things that will make the car run like crap.

Thanks for the info next time I'm at the shop I will check on those and see if I can get a video of what the car is doing and the scanmaster numbers. Maybe hearing it and seeing it will help with any recommendations.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app