Car Insurance... Grundy, Hagerty, other??

AAA. My 87 just qualified for their collector car ins. (20yr)
Full coverage $25,000/ $125 per year, $500 deductable.

I think there is a limit on miles + NO DRAGSTRIP coverage.

Good link. Also, hagerty DOES NOT have any exclusions for driving your collector car to work, dinner or things of that nature. I spoke with a hagerty underwriter this morning to confirm. . .

Then they lied to you, call them again and ask for a manager or supervisor.

They not only denied my claim when they found out I was commuting when my incident happened, they pulled my insurance coverage on that car as well as all my other vehicles.

Take Turbo6Smackdown's advise and ask all the questions repeatedly or you will get screwed. Fortunately for me, my incident was less than $1500 to repair, and I learned a valuable lesson about my insurance from it.

Then they lied to you, call them again and ask for a manager or supervisor.

They not only denied my claim when they found out I was commuting when my incident happened, they pulled my insurance coverage on that car as well as all my other vehicles.

Take Turbo6Smackdown's advise and ask all the questions repeatedly or you will get screwed. Fortunately for me, my incident was less than $1500 to repair, and I learned a valuable lesson about my insurance from it.

Im not sure about your situation or why they denied your claim. But there are several reasons why a company would deny a claim. Hagerty, grundy and all others will deny claims from normal wear, racing, if you cannot provide proof of an insured daily driver vehicle and so on. Anyone on this site can call hagerty direct and ask the question. They will see that I am correct. I usually stay out of stuff like this, but what you are posting is simply not true. hagerty does NOT exclude taking the car to dinner or work. This is a fact. There are only restrictions which are the same with most other specialty comanies such as you must keep the vehicle in a garage when not in use, The vehicle cannot be a backup or daily driver and so on. If anyone here has hagerty feel free to read your policy. If you do not follow the restrictions there is a good chance a claim will be denied. I have had insures of mine with claims on their hagerty policy And i am yet to see one that is un happy with the outcome.

Also, you want to speak with an underwriter. It is the underwriters job to go over the policy with you. You also want to speak directly with hagerty 1800-992-4050. Do not make the mistake of calling an agency that offers Hagerty. Most independant agents who offer hagerty are not that familiar with their underwriting.

i have american family ins my car is worth 20k to me so i told them what the deal was and that i wanted 20k worth of insurance they had no prob with it. its insured for 20k and listed as a pleasure car bout 300 per year. with good driving record and 3 other cars and a house on my policy

I just dumped Grundy after 5-6 years and got State Farm. I now have better coverage, higher loss value for only a little bit more $.

No matter who you use please do not skimp on coverage. Get at least 300k+ limits and liability.

The 10/20, 20/50 and 100/100 is a joke in this lawsuit day and age.

a buddy of mine had is insured just normal everyday full coverage through farmers insurnace agency....no appraisal, no agreed value, or anything like that, and he totalled it and they gave him about 24000 that is for a 100+ thousand mile 87 grand national. Since our cars hit 20 years the blue book has skyrocketed which is all his company and mine (state farm) refer too when paying out a totalled car. Hope that helps.

I just dumped Grundy after 5-6 years and got State Farm. I now have better coverage, higher loss value for only a little bit more $.

No matter who you use please do not skimp on coverage. Get at least 300k+ limits and liability.

The 10/20, 20/50 and 100/100 is a joke in this lawsuit day and age.

Does state farm do an agreed value Policy? I thought they only did stated value. Just keep in mind that only a agreed value policy guarantees you will get the amount listed on the policy in the event of a loss. A stated policy means they will only pay up to the stated amount. With a collector car I would not have anything but "agreed value" . As T3intercooled stated, in some cases if its a good company they will do the reasearch take care of you even if it is a stated value or ACV policy. Just remember there are no guarantees with stated amount or ACV so there is always some risk of getting lowballed. Good point about the liability coverage. Ohio state minimum law is set at 12.5/25/10 which is way too low in my opinion. I wouldnt go any lower than 100/300/100 on the liability limits.

Reeaallly.
See there? Had you driven that to work, and it came up missing, you'd have gotten nothing. Had you driven it to school, and it came up missing, you'd have gotten nothing as well.

Don't use standard issue auto insurance companies either. They do NOT recognize the grand national package on an 87 buick regal. You'll get a whole 800 dollars for your GN/T-type if it comes up missing or wrecked. Get a good collectible car insurance and stick with that.

About fire or flood? I can't actually remember now lol, because I went thru soo many, and got soo many answers, that they all blend together now (my PTSD) Though, I carry the storers insurance at the place i store my buick now, which covers anything that costs 5000 or under, in addition. So that's cool. My containers all metal and concrete as well, with a locked gate and cameras on the perimeter.
Again, ASK ALLLLL QUESTIONS with your insurer.

Whats the storage stipulations.
Do I have to have my own garage on my own premesis?
whats the garage have to be made out of.
Do you need an alternate car to drive.
if so, how old can it be? (my daily drivers a 1993. that disqualified me for several different insurances)
what sort of insurance must i have on that daily driver?
if i dont use insurance on that daily driver, will you penalize me for that. (yet another disqualification for me on that one)
whats the 'how many other drivers in the household' stipulation.
What's their age requirements.
How many accidents have they been in.
How many accidents have you been in?
how long before i can collect on my policy.
do you guys have a penalty for collecting a claim really soon. (grundy and hagerty does)
if so, how long do i have to be with you, before im not penalized for a claim?
do you cover natural disasters?
if so, what kind.
what kind are NOT covered.
What if i store it somewhere else, what happens then. do you still cover it?
give me a list of instances where im NOT covered.
what about theft at a restaurant?
no?
well then what about theft at a restaurant, on my way BACK from a car event?
Do you have mileage limitations
if i collect, will it be no questions asked, or do i have to fight you for the money?
Do you use nada/kelley blue book for guidance?
Are you sure?
Because they told me, on their website, that my car's worth 24 grand. you sure you want to use them? (this was like 18 months ago)
My car's not on kbb/nada. What are you going to use, besides my agreed value?
do you need an appraisal?
do you check my mileage at the beginning of each year?
if not, how are you going to go about enforcing my mileage limit.
can someone else drive it? (mine doesnt allow it. that's fine, noones allowed within 5' of my car anyhow)
if while driving, and i get into an accident, and the ticket says it's my fault, do you still pay? (you better ask, cuz again, they're NOT going to just offer up this information)

Trust me, I spent HOURS UPON HOURS, interrogating poor customer service represenatives, and their supervisors on these matters. Ive even called grundy 3 different times, and got 3 different answers on some of those questions. Which prompted me to ask their supervisors lol. I want the BEST suited to me, as I got shot at for a year for this car. I spent my combat pay on it. It better be covered. So trust me when I say I went out of my way to find out the info I wanted on this policy. I emphatically ask you to do the same. Remember, these guys aren't in the business of paying out money. Make sure you know what you're getting into guys. To come out, and see your prized buick, that you poured COUNTLESS hours over, and under, vanished, will leave a sinking feeling in your body, that will never fully go away.

It will be worse, when they find a loophole not to pay you with.

Standard insurance companies do take into account the grand national package, as my previous post stated, starndard everday insurance through farmers for a 100+ thousand mile GN got 24,000 for it, due to bluebook.

State Farm classic vehicle coverage, I just use them for the emissions waiver in AZ.

You're lucky intercooled, as my underwriters told me no. usaa and michigan area state farm :( i'd get only as much as an 87 regal would fetch. So i stayed away from them. All I know is, i asked my questions repeatedly, to several employees, and they told me no. no pleasure use WHATsoever.

See what i mean by asking several times? ya get different answers each and every time.

Oh I understand where your coming from but I was going off what actually happened and what they did go off of. That however is in mn

Standard insurance companies do take into account the grand national package, as my previous post stated, starndard everday insurance through farmers for a 100+ thousand mile GN got 24,000 for it, due to bluebook.

Allstate did, when mine was a daily driver, $3000 a year when the car was less then 5 years old.

AAA. My 87 just qualified for their collector car ins. (20yr)
Full coverage $25,000/ $125 per year, $500 deductable.

I think there is a limit on miles + NO DRAGSTRIP coverage.

Do you have to have a policy with them already (for daily driver also)? I have AAA but never considered them for auto ins.