Car crashed into my business...AGAIN!!

Do you fear after you put up more poles they will switch to airplanes?

I would also put the handicap parking away from front door.

Quote-Well I finally got the poles in. 6" pipe, concrete filled, sunk 4 feet into the ground. It aint gonna happen again. -Quote

Maybe knock on wood next time?

That really sucks,does her insurance cover everything,did the insurance cover everything last time?

Im pretty sure whatever you do this time will definatly fix the issue,good luck..

You can tell he was a local. Doing the same thing everyone does there. How much do you want for them there Monte carlos.:rolleyes:

The best 1 was when a kid walked in.He said I have $500.00 & I plan on driving one of these Bruicks outta here today. I politely walked him around the back of the building to show him what was in that price range.:biggrin:

It's hard to believe if you travel 43 miles away the difference in people.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When they come in wanting a nice dependable ride for $1000, I point towards the 50cc scooters:biggrin:

my experiance 1st hand with these poles

we had several within a 4-5 ft distance apart and buried 6 feet deep with concrete. we were outside just behind these with the owner of the business but still outside the store. he has a new truck less then 4 months old, so you know where this is going. well we're on a busy street. a 80's model car went almost head on with another car and he glanced off and still had enough speed to come directly towards us. he hits the side of the owners truck punctures both tires runs scratches and dents all along the drivers side and this guy hits the poles about 10 ft from where we are. neither of us moved as we were just watching this unfold. the car came to a stop when it hit those poles. we watched the back end of that car go up in the air about 2 ft and the whole front end of that car was demolished. all 3 of us behind the poles looked at each other wondering who pissed themselves. none of us did, but i loved those poles. gave me new faith in the using those poles and not having this issue. just wanted to give you an idea of what we used and how they held up. only thing wrong with the poles this guy hit was some paint scratched off it.

From..

Twice?!

Where do people in LA get their drivers licenses, Wal Mart? ;)

Florida.
Requirements are:
Use a walker.
Have a Beltone in each ear.
Clipon sunglasses over the coke bottles, with side shades, of course.
Use a mag glass to read the eye test machine.
Buy the biggest car/suv available.

Like last time the second day is when the fatigue and reality sets in. I am tired today....didnt sleep much last night. Got here at 4:30 am to pay the police officer who sat outside all night.

I am going to have to go thru all the hoops and ladders(AGAIN) with insurance, tile, paint, dust, bricks, brick layers, door, window guys, alarm people, sheet rock, new door locks , etc..................................All of this while trying to maintain some sort of cleanliness for my plant. I pride myself on having the neatest, cleanest, most modern plant in Lafayette. It sucks to deal with this but I will get thru it.

Sincere thanks to all of you who responded. I knew I would get some well needed humor in my day. More concrete barriers and pics to follow when it gets done. And you can quote me: "It will NOT happen again".:)

Ed

Ed, I feel for you man. If I wasn't working so much right now, I'd call to harass you a little.
At least you've been through this, should be easier this time.

Like last time the second day is when the fatigue and reality sets in. I am tired today....didnt sleep much last night. Got here at 4:30 am to pay the police officer who sat outside all night.

I am going to have to go thru all the hoops and ladders(AGAIN) with insurance, tile, paint, dust, bricks, brick layers, door, window guys, alarm people, sheet rock, new door locks , etc..................................All of this while trying to maintain some sort of cleanliness for my plant. I pride myself on having the neatest, cleanest, most modern plant in Lafayette. It sucks to deal with this but I will get thru it.

Sincere thanks to all of you who responded. I knew I would get some well needed humor in my day. More concrete barriers and pics to follow when it gets done. And you can quote me: "It will NOT happen again".:)

Ed

Sux that it happened again. I wonder if you could get some guard railing (similar to the ones around bridges on the interstate) mounted with big U Bolts to go around the existing pilings/bollards. Would be cheaper than new bollards and stop further incidents. Problem there is folks would have to walk around it and it maybe a lil unsightly.
Good Luck with it either way

this should stop em! m4_19-vi.jpg

It wont be so bad getting old,I will never have to watch re-runs again and I can hide my own Easter egss:wink: And run into buildings of course...

I pride myself on having the neatest, cleanest, most modern plant in Lafayette

It IS the neatest, cleanest, most modern plant because you keep having to replace it all every year :). Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe a piece of guard rail between the existing poles would be cheaper and easier than sinking more poles? Either way, as before be glad no one in the store was hurt and good luck getting it all rebuilt again.

Florida.
Requirements are:
Use a walker.
Have a Beltone in each ear.
Clipon sunglasses over the coke bottles, with side shades, of course.
Use a mag glass to read the eye test machine.
Buy the biggest car/suv available.

LOL

Damn, bluehairs. :wink:

It IS the neatest, cleanest, most modern plant because you keep having to replace it all every year :). Sorry, couldn't resist. Maybe a piece of guard rail between the existing poles would be cheaper and easier than sinking more poles? Either way, as before be glad no one in the store was hurt and good luck getting it all rebuilt again.

Dont want to put guard rails. My customers sometimes have arm fulls of clothes. They could easily trip walking into the store. Much better to put vertical poles.

Slept better last night. ...

Insurance phone call session started today....:frown:

Rewatched video again with the audio turned up. My 74 year old mother was waiting on the customer when the car came in. She started screaming..it was indescribable how she sounded. Gave me goosebumps and made me finally switch from anger to depression about the whole ordeal.

Life goes on..it could be worse. Didnt mean to rant....

Wow, I remember your original thread and after everything you've gone through and done, it happened again?:confused::(

The only good that can come from this is....
1) Local news picks it up and gives you good coverage
2) You now have tight connections to those industries that helped you rebuild and you partner with them in business. ;)
3) You put up a sign or chalk lines that customers find amusing and always talk about

Hope things getting back on track fast for ya:cool:

A few pics. More posts being installed this weekend.:)

Attachments

• photo-1 (Custom).jpg
    photo-1 (Custom).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 126
  • photo-2 (Custom).jpg
    photo-2 (Custom).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 123
  • photo (Custom).jpg
    photo (Custom).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 122