Can I trust my narrow band??

87NAT

In Between GN's
I am getting 700-715 o2 readings thru out a 2-3 gear pull. My WB reads 10.9-11.0 thru out also. Knock count is 1-2 degrees sometimes. I have a little more room on my alky knob to fix that though.:smile:

I have had 3 o2 sensors with all of the same results. 2 AC and 1 denso sensor. This is at 23 psi of boost. Do I really need to be concerned with the low 700 readings or just worry about the WB and knock counts.

I would trust the wide band before the narrow band sensor. The NBs are most accurate at 14.2:1 and fall off steep from there. Also they are much more likely to be affected by the heat pre-turbo.

I'd trust the wideband before even thinking of looking at o2's. What do your plugs look like? This is another reason to add an EGT to help with tuning.

If you're running fuel correction (like I am) through your WB, then I'd stick with that. I really need to add an egt to my PL myself:eek:

I'd trust the wideband before even thinking of looking at o2's. What do your plugs look like? This is another reason to add an EGT to help with tuning.

If you're running fuel correction (like I am) through your WB, then I'd stick with that. I really need to add an egt to my PL myself:eek:

Plugs are a little lean. The black mark on the strap is a little below the 90 degree bend.

I am getting 700-715 o2 readings thru out a 2-3 gear pull. My WB reads 10.9-11.0 thru out also. Knock count is 1-2 degrees sometimes. I have a little more room on my alky knob to fix that though.:smile:

I have had 3 o2 sensors with all of the same results. 2 AC and 1 denso sensor. This is at 23 psi of boost. Do I really need to be concerned with the low 700 readings or just worry about the WB and knock counts.

You cant trust a narrowband and if you have 1-2 degrees of retard why havent you turned the alky up or added octane?? KR is not ok.

You cant trust a narrowband and if you have 1-2 degrees of retard why havent you turned the alky up or added octane?? KR is not ok.

Thanks for chiming in Bison.

I will be turning it up to 8 then going into the intial gain if needed. I was just wondering about those low 700 numbers.

Thanks for chiming in Bison.

I will be turning it up to 8 then going into the intial gain if needed. I was just wondering about those low 700 numbers.

10 years ago when all i had was a narrow band i used to run low .700's and thats where they ran best. Some went into the high .690's:eek:

The wide band is the only thing to be concerned with. add a little alky and your set. I am tuning for 10.8 on the big end, and if I look at my narrow band numbers I am right about 700-710 mv. I have seen 690 with no knock at 11.0 on the wideband. I am running 26psi through out the pass, with 26 degrees in 1/2 and 23 degrees in 3/4. Right now the car is extremely strong, can't wait to go to the track. I was hoping to put on some new DR's and try to see how it goes. My slicks are done though, so I really need some tire before I go back out. Good luck to you, Nice to hear from you. I will be heading you direction Thursday. I will be in New Orleans until Monday. ;)

I'm still running a stock o2 along with a lc-1. On the log, the narrowband starts to dip into 700 on the big end.

Here is a logger file if you want to take a look.

Attachments

• S2.zip
    27 KB · Views: 47
The wide band is the only thing to be concerned with. add a little alky and your set. I am tuning for 10.8 on the big end, and if I look at my narrow band numbers I am right about 700-710 mv. I have seen 690 with no knock at 11.0 on the wideband. I am running 26psi through out the pass, with 26 degrees in 1/2 and 23 degrees in 3/4. Right now the car is extremely strong, can't wait to go to the track. I was hoping to put on some new DR's and try to see how it goes. My slicks are done though, so I really need some tire before I go back out. Good luck to you, Nice to hear from you. I will be heading you direction Thursday. I will be in New Orleans until Monday. ;)

When in New ORleans got to PAt Obriens and drink a few Hurricanes;) Of course you wont remember anything about your night on Bourbon St. after that.:eek: :D

When in New ORleans got to PAt Obriens and drink a few Hurricanes;) Of course you wont remember anything about your night on Bourbon St. after that.:eek: :D

I will take that under advice, because I plan on gettin er done!!!!! I've also been told to try BBQ shrimp. Never heard of it, what would you say to try??

I will take that under advice, because I plan on gettin er done!!!!! I've also been told to try BBQ shrimp. Never heard of it, what would you say to try??

Try Ricks Caberet, The Cats Meow...Oh you mean food??:D

Ed, what do you know about N.O.???? Friggin Cajun from Lafayette.... Buttonfly I live like 9 miles from the airport. Need advice, pm me.

Once again... This thread reminds me of a previous conversation. :)