Cam position sensor timing

Just wanted to say thanks. I followed the full procedure of getting the engine at cyl 1 Tdc then advancing 25 degrees and setting the sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else have an issue with having to constantly reset the position? No matter how hard I tighten the bolt it seems to keep coming out of alignment

Anyone else have an issue with having to constantly reset the position? No matter how hard I tighten the bolt it seems to keep coming out of alignment
The only time I have seen that is when the cam gear was loose on the nose of the cam. What timing set do you have on the cam?

What does the gear look like ? I would inspect the cam sensor gear and the cam gear . I had the same issue and had to replace both the gears which ment a new camshaft and bronze sensor gear .

Stock cam, but the cam sensor was recently refurbished...

Also, there isn't really any play in the cam window, it feels fully engaged, and when I try to spin it, it does not move, which i assume means the teeth of the two gears are pretty well intact. I think the issue is more that there isn't enough pressure on the actual shaft housing, I just don't know how to apply much more.

Last edited: