Calling all TC gurus

Onalky87

My setup is in my signature, when I go wot It sounds and feels like the Rpms r going up more then they should for how much mph the car picks up. For example. My shift light is set up for 5700rpms and when I just did a pull from 70 I was wot for no more then 2-3sec and the shift light came on.

So I guess my question is. Am I blowing through the converter? Or is 3yrs to long and it's time for the PTC 9.5 NL to get rebuilt?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would suggest that, w/o a data log, you are guessing at what may be happening.
Don't see a logger in your sig........

Car just saw 34* KR from a roll. Said it happened at 45mph iirc. And car wasn't pulling very hard. One issue after another

I'd need to see how much the rpm drops on the gear change to determine what may be the issue. It may need to be tightened.

If you were in 2nd I'd expect that light to be on in less than 2 sec since mathematically you would be over 85mph at 5700rpm. If you were in 3rd then either the converter isn't filled with oil or the trans is slipping. Back when your car was dynoed and road tested the converter was a little too tight for the combo and boost. Would have been dead on if the boost was turned up a couple psi but tuning stopped before the boost was that high.

Was not able to get a video however the car seems to be acting like either trans is slipping or I'm blowing through converter still. And part throttle car is getting KR and when I let off the KR said 45.0 but didn't come up on when i go to recall it