Calling all HUNTERS In Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin

Dreamn4GN

Im an advid bow hunter living in NJ which sux!!! I swear i should have grown up in the mid-west!! Anyway.. Im curious to your liscense/permits.. I know Iowa and Illinois for out of state hunter you hafta go in a drawling to get a permit! And some states like Missouri have over the counter purchases!! What i want to know is how do they work out if your a home owner/land owner!! Do you have to still go in a drawling for Illinois and Iowa?? I plan on buying a property out west in about 5 yrs or so and im just trying to have a farm where i can bring family members and friends to come hunt with me. Do certain size farms get farmers tags ,( not sure what they call them). I tried looking online about the info.. But seems very vague!! Id like to know and hear from someone whos expirianced it!!
TIA Phill

Avid bow hunter here too. I’m not sure how it works with out of staters as I’m not one. I do now that there are a group of guys that bought a house and lease 700 acres next to one of my favorite spots. They live out of state and only show up in the fall. They have tags for all seasons which only residents can obtain. So either they are able to get tags due to home ownership or they fudge where they live. I have a friend who has a friend that lives in Florida and comes out to hunt every year with an in state tag. There are ways around the out of state tags. Now that I’ve helped you none I out.

Avid bow hunter here too. I’m not sure how it works with out of staters as I’m not one. I do now that there are a group of guys that bought a house and lease 700 acres next to one of my favorite spots. They live out of state and only show up in the fall. They have tags for all seasons which only residents can obtain. So either they are able to get tags due to home ownership or they fudge where they live. I have a friend who has a friend that lives in Florida and comes out to hunt every year with an in state tag. There are ways around the out of state tags. Now that I’ve helped you none I out.

Yeah...I know Iowa and Illinios is real exspensive for land and what not!! Im really looking into Kentucky and Missouri!!Im looking for over 150 acres and a home preferably!!!

bow hunting

I dont keep up on the law much but if you make it out this way. I can hook up a fellow buick guy i have access to over 3,000 acres between friends and family. my brother married into family with lots of land . my best friend is getting pretty serious with a girl and her folks have land thats a couple properties over spot that a record setting buck was harvested from. and another friend has over 2,000 acres that i can use. you can call me or PM and we could set somthing up for next season. phone number 515 401 7122 luke

I dont keep up on the law much but if you make it out this way. I can hook up a fellow buick guy i have access to over 3,000 acres between friends and family. my brother married into family with lots of land . my best friend is getting pretty serious with a girl and her folks have land thats a couple properties over spot that a record setting buck was harvested from. and another friend has over 2,000 acres that i can use. you can call me or PM and we could set somthing up for next season. phone number 515 401 7122 luke

kansas as well, let me know :biggrin:

Damn sounds awesome!! Pm's going out!!

Wow! That really cool of you. Just curious what county the land is in?

hunting

well thanks guys the best land is the land down by murray iowa, then the friend with the most land that i hunt pheasnt is in adubon county, adair county, and carrol county, then my brothers inlaws land is south of winterset, another place i just thought of. is this place by big creek but its public land if you get there early in the season it good land.

North Iowa landowner

Although I am not a hunter, I do have some hunting ground in Floyd County, Iowa. Much of it is wooded with adjacent acres in long-term CRP with a small tributary of the Cedar River running through it. I often let responsible hunters use this ground for hunting in order to keep the population in check. If you are interested, PM me and we can talk.

Chuck