New Member In Florida.... Look For Any Help On What I Have.

Discussion in 'Member Introduction's!' started by Aso544, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Aso544

Aso544
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it's the bags or the lines but sadly my airbags won't hold air as they slowly leak down... gonna have to do some inspecting next weekend to see where the issue is. The bags look like they are in great shape so I'm hoping it's the lines.

AKM

#41 Aso544, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  2. The Granny

The Granny
    Expand Collapse

the factory radiator has ports for oil/transmission fluid cooling purposes, so that's why you see the lines going from just before the filter to the radiator. the auxiliary cooler is probably not in the best place it could be, I used to have mine right under neath the license plate laying close to horizontal to the ground in between the front air dams. just something to think about if you ever wanted to move it. when I got a bigger front mount intercooler I upgraded my trans cooler and moved it to the rear of the car.

as far as the air bags in the rear springs, you are able to replace just the lines. if you find its the bags and wanted to replace them, I've got a couple new ones in my garage that I could sell you for less than they cost me. I mounted them but changed my rear spring set up completely and couldn't use them any more.

for stability at high speeds, the shocks and springs would be my first guess. or control arm bushings, as mentioned. after that would be control arms, for the rears I would only go with one company and that's baseline suspensions. their set up changes the angles of the control arms in a more favorable manner that aids in getting traction off the line. do a search here and read up on their site as well, lots of good info to read up on so you can truly understand how it all works together. for the front control arms, lots of people have opinions about one company's product versus another but at the end of the day just make sure do your research here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SPOOLFOOL2

SPOOLFOOL2
    Expand Collapse
    Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
    Staff Member

Welcome to the site.
    I agree. Whoever owned that car before you did their homework. Lots of well thought out parts. With a good tire, tune and some track time, I would expect to see that car in the elevens. What are you putting in the alky tank? VP M1 I hope. ;)
    Take your time sneaking up on that boost. Lots to learn. You are making lots of HP with a little engine. It will do it as long as you have things safe.
    You are riding on the edge with not much of a cushion. Knowledge is the key to these things. Here's some evening reading to ponder. https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/

Can't wait to hear more details on this hot rod.
    Once again, Welcome to the site. Let us know if you have any questions.:)

Happy spooling.
    Mike Barnard

4. Aso544

Aso544
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice!!!! Here is what came with the car.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Aso544

Aso544
    Expand Collapse

I did notice the " Full" and "Fill" line on the Alky tank was actually pretty low in the tank. Does everyone just fill to the full line or actually fill the tank up?

6. The Granny

The Granny
    Expand Collapse

if I know I'm going to be making a lot of hits and know I won't be able to fill up if I needed to, I fill it higher than the full line. but if I were at the track and had a jug of it, as in a 5 gal tank, I would just keep it at that full line and check it after each pass. it won't need a refill after one WOT blast for 10-12 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SPOOLFOOL2

SPOOLFOOL2
    Expand Collapse
    Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
    Staff Member

I fill my alky tank most of the way to the top. Maybe an inch down from the bottom of the cap. It's never been a problem.

8. Aso544

Aso544
    Expand Collapse

Thanks...

Luckily Irma did get me orcthe GN. Hope everyone else did the same !!!