Calling all fishermen

buickpower

polytetrafluoroethylene
Hey do we have any fishermen on this board? If so what do you fish for and where do you do it?

I personally freshwater fish in the Racquette and St. Lawrence rivers, for bass, pike, walleye, and the occasional elusive muskie. The racquette is right in my backyard, so fishing here is kind of automatic.

Lets hear some of your fishing stories too.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Northwest Territories and fished for pike and lake trout. Even though I suck at fishing, it was still freaking awesome. :eek:

I live up in Minot, ND... so I try to fish for some of the n. pike and walleye. Caught a big 21" walleye the other day..

Fresh and saltwater fishing is great in San diego! Lately I've been surf fishing from Torrey Pines beach. I will be heading to the eastern sierras next weekend for some great trout fishing. You can catch golden, brook, rainbow and brown all in the same day!

buickpower said:
Lets hear some of your fishing stories too.

I usually spend some time in the UP or northern wisconsin, I fish for muskie, smallmouth, and walleye.

I've seen muskie do lots of crazy things, like steal a perch or walleye that you're trying to reel-in, or accidentally catch them on walleye gear, that's a rush :eek: I've also had a monster northen try to tear off an enormous bluegill I had on a metal chain stringer on the boat, it scared the hell out of me when he started thrashing that stringer on the side of the boat!

Fishing in Canada is fun too, except it's almost too easy! You get humbled pretty fast when you go back to fishing in the old USA.

Have you caught any lunker muskie on the St. Lawrence?

Pete

I fish for big flathead catfish

Attachments

• 100_0487.jpg
    100_0487.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 122
Chinook/coho salmon,Rainbow/brown trout........mostly Lake Ontario.

Biggest Chinook 39.04lbs
Biggest Rainbow 19.88 lbs. ;)

Bass

I was,until got back into buicks, a serious Tournament Bass Fisherman. Won a little money just love it. Also do light saltwater fishing and Striped Bass fishing. In one river I can catch bass, stripers, catfish, and at the mouth 60+pound Red fish and 150+Tarpon. I love NC and the PAMLICO SOUND!!!

Nothing quite like hooking into a big king salmon. Use light tackle and take your chances. Some of the best fishing I have ever had the chance to do.

sgrim said:
I was,until got back into buicks, a serious Tournament Bass Fisherman. Won a little money just love it.

Yes i was serious into it as well, won over $70,000 from 2000-2003.........boat is sold now though.
I had some really good sponcers too!
Was in the newspaper many times. :)

I fish for rainbow trout every spring and fall.... ice fish in winter... it's great

chromehunter

More_Boost!! said:
I fish for rainbow trout every spring and fall.... ice fish in winter... it's great

chromehunter

I used to do alot of float fishing myself........mostly between Duffin's creek and Port Hope.

Have you caught any lunker muskie on the St. Lawrence?

I personally haven't caught any lunkers, although the NY state record of 69lbs 15 oz was caught not too far from here. That record has stood since 1957. It was supposedly caught in the town of Clayton, but all of the old timers around here swear up and down that it was caught below the power dam here in massena, and that it was brought back to clayton to help draw fishermen down there instead. I guess I'll never know the truth about which area has the biggest fish, until I break that record :D .

Funny thing happened about a month ago, my buddy and I were fishing here out back for smallmouth, and whenever I would catch one there would be another close by trying to get a piece of the action. Well, after about four more fish, A medium sized one bit on to my storm thunderstick, and when I got close to the boat a smaller guy bit on too, on a different hook. The little fella was not gonna be left out of the action! :p I've had this happen when fishing with live bait lines that have several sets of hooks, but never on the same plastic lure. We got quite a laugh out of that one, and I took a picture because I knew people wouldn't believe it. :D

muskie fever here....Where anywhere in wisconsin. You get the bug and thats all you want to do. Biggest todate is 45.5inces from Illlinois water. Cool to see other fisherman on the board,maybe Im not the only freak. :eek:

Cheeseburger said:
I used to do alot of float fishing myself........mostly between Duffin's creek and Port Hope.

Thats excatly where I fish....

I also like Georgian bay Tribs, and a few trips to New york (oak orchards, Burts Dam)

Love Chasing Chrome
:biggrin:

I don't go fishing too much since my fishing partner, my father-in-law passed away 2 years ago. But, we used to give the Bream and White Perch he!!. Also like catfish and bass. Go to the Pearl river, Ross Barnett Res, MS river oxbow lakes and some of the state park lakes. I want to get up to Washington state, where my dad lives, to see what bites a wet hook up there. :tongue:

Here is a picture from a few years back!
A little dark on the bottom end from being in the cooler.
This one was just under 36lbs.