C5 Owners

going to be my next toy to add to the list of rides i have owned. want a Z06 but lookin hard at the 6speed grandsport.

I say stay away from corvettes all together. They are over priced junk imo. I have owned 3, the last one being a 2002 coupe pictured below. We bought it new in 02 it now has 30K miles on it and sits in my shop next to my 69 camaro.
The list of repairs that has been done to this car is astonishing, so much so that GM gave me a free 3/36 bumper to bumper after the origianl 3/36 ran out. I would sell this car tomorrow but with the economy in the tank and it not costing me anything to store I will hang on to it til the time is right to sell.

Watch from 5:30... this is a 120K car they are talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CPBfpnye0

100_0199.jpg

They are graet cars untill rear main seal housing starts leaking:eek:. If your buying one make sure there are no oil leaks from the engine or rear axle trans assembly. Make sure the oil pressure gauge is not all over the place. I did three oil pressure sensors on a 2000 yesterday:mad: Easy to do but bs parts go bad alot. way better riding than my Zr1 thats for sure:biggrin: I love them but they suck to work on when it comes to drivetrain repairs.

I say stay away from corvettes all together. They are over priced junk imo. I have owned 3, the last one being a 2002 coupe pictured below. We bought it new in 02 it now has 30K miles on it and sits in my shop next to my 69 camaro.
The list of repairs that has been done to this car is astonishing, so much so that GM gave me a free 3/36 bumper to bumper after the origianl 3/36 ran out. I would sell this car tomorrow but with the economy in the tank and it not costing me anything to store I will hang on to it til the time is right to sell.

Watch from 5:30... this is a 120K car they are talking about.
YouTube - ‪Corvette ZR1 vs Audi R8 - Top Gear - BBC‬‏

100_0199.jpg
sound's like you got a lemon i'd be pissed to

I think the C5's are the first Vette worth owning as far a driving comfort goes. My brother had a 97 auto. I loved driving that car. It felt solid, not rattle your teeth out like a C4. Handled like it was on rails. The car ran 13.2@105 totally stock. It had the 2.73 gear, it was an early 97 before the 3.23(?) was an option on the autos. It was just shifting into 3rd through the traps at 105! With a gear set, torque converter, and a tune, it would have been an awesome car. I love the C5 ZO6's.

I had a 2000 auto coupe for 3 yrs and loved it. Had zero problems except with cops pulling me over. Had zero problems. Total different feel than a GN which was nice. Use it as my daily driver and did have the problem of leaving the GN parked too much.

Tremendous value. Just do it!!

after driving a C5 Z06 a few weeks ago I am convinced that my 02 Z28 is gone soon....the C5 Z06 is an insane bargain for a world-class sports car. Where else can you buy this kind of handling, power, braking, comfort, fuel economy, and looks for $25,000?

If you want something with slightly better build quality and even more power, look for a Z51 C6. Its slightly more money but more car as well, with better visual appeal, IMO.

You shoulda just left that bad boy in your sisters front yard to rot... LOL :D

I know right ;), just put a plant on top and let mother nature do the rest :biggrin:.

How do the clutch pedals feel? Pretty firm but not hard to push. I think its just time I go test drive some :biggrin:

Pedal feel varies with the age and amount of abuse the clutch has seen...that's a fairly easy fix if you don't like the one you get. Seems like many go with the LS7 clutch anyway.

Also, if you want the best sounding C5 IMO, purchase a set of long tubes and the Corsa Pace Car exhaust.....nothing like it!

I'm really starting to like the FRC's. I saw a couple of ZO6's for around 20-22k, still more then I want to spend though. I do plan on keeping it for awhile, so might be better just to bite the bullet and buy something nice.

I dont know much about mine cus in five years I never had to work on it.:)

Attachments

• SEMA 09 009.jpg
    SEMA 09 009.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 203
  • SEMA 09 013.jpg
    SEMA 09 013.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 189
When I have to run an errand, it is difficult for me to decide to take the 10 sec Buick out or the near stock mid 12 second Z06...There's something to be said for the nimbleness of the Z06. Oh, and it rolls on road racing tires, Nitto NT01's, so it handles very well...