BUSH FAILED TO KILL Abu Musab Zarqawi

suprbuick7

It looks like Bush F#cked up this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Jim Miklaszewski
Correspondent
NBC News
Updated: 7:14 p.m. ET March 02, 2004With Tuesday’s attacks, Abu Musab Zarqawi, a Jordanian militant with ties to al-Qaida, is now blamed for more than 700 terrorist killings in Iraq.

But NBC News has learned that long before the war the Bush administration had several chances to wipe out his terrorist operation and perhaps kill Zarqawi himself — but never pulled the trigger.

In June 2002, U.S. officials say intelligence had revealed that Zarqawi and members of al-Qaida had set up a weapons lab at Kirma, in northern Iraq, producing deadly ricin and cyanide.

The Pentagon quickly drafted plans to attack the camp with cruise missiles and airstrikes and sent it to the White House, where, according to U.S. government sources, the plan was debated to death in the National Security Council.

‘People were more obsessed with developing the coalition to overthrow Saddam than to execute the president’s policy of pre-emption against terrorists.’

— Roger Cressey
Terrorism expert

“Here we had targets, we had opportunities, we had a country willing to support casualties, or risk casualties after 9/11 and we still didn’t do it,” said Michael O’Hanlon, military analyst with the Brookings Institution.

Four months later, intelligence showed Zarqawi was planning to use ricin in terrorist attacks in Europe.

The Pentagon drew up a second strike plan, and the White House again killed it. By then the administration had set its course for war with Iraq.

“People were more obsessed with developing the coalition to overthrow Saddam than to execute the president’s policy of preemption against terrorists,” according to terrorism expert and former National Security Council member Roger Cressey.

In January 2003, the threat turned real. Police in London arrested six terror suspects and discovered a ricin lab connected to the camp in Iraq.

The Pentagon drew up still another attack plan, and for the third time, the National Security Council killed it.

Military officials insist their case for attacking Zarqawi’s operation was airtight, but the administration feared destroying the terrorist camp in Iraq could undercut its case for war against Saddam.

The United States did attack the camp at Kirma at the beginning of the war, but it was too late — Zarqawi and many of his followers were gone. “Here’s a case where they waited, they waited too long and now we’re suffering as a result inside Iraq,” Cressey added.

And despite the Bush administration’s tough talk about hitting the terrorists before they strike, Zarqawi’s killing streak continues today.

© 2004 MSNBC Interactive

So now you are FOR a Pentagon Plan to attack Iraq?

After all of the Cruise missles lobbed at Osama with Zero results, I can see why they were reluctant.

swatting at flies, I think Bush called it.

It would have been a limited attack against a specific terrorist target. Not Regime Change/ NEOCON Nation Building

Real Smart: After the invasion the administration bombed the camp( nothing like giving the guy a "heads up/ look out " ) Was he swatting flies then too:confused:

Originally posted by suprbuick7
It would have been a limited attack against a specific terrorist target.

Terrorists???? in Iraq????

But I thought Iraq had nothing to do with Terrorism or 9/11?

UNGN,

Come on, you're smarter than that!

We created a terrorist state when we invaded Iraq!
They are pouring across the iranian and syrian borders to kill American soldiers.....

I'll try to break it down for the SLOW WITTED GOP:
They had a camp in a Northern/ Not Saddam Controlled area does that mean they were pervasive throughout the country? NO.

READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE BEFORE SPEWING

Originally posted by We4ster
UNGN,

Come on, you're smarter than that!

They are pouring across the iranian and syrian borders to kill American soldiers.....

Check the date. How could we create a terrorist state in Iraq in 2002 if we didn't invade until 2003?

Oh and here's the Map

Note that Ansar-al-islam is SOUTH OF THE NORTHERN NO FLY ZONE, meaning that saddam could put planes in the air and bomb at will if he wanted and we would not stop him.

Pretty convenient how he could have terrorists operating out of HIS COUNTRY and he Never did anything about it.

On the news, I heard the Govt thinking of putting Zarqawi, above OBL on the most wanted terrorist list? If true that would mean Bush truly F#cked that one up:rolleyes:

Hey suprbuick7 can you copy/paste more information? You call conservatives sheep without original thoughts but you seem to simply regurgitate (copy/paste) without individual thought. Hmmm....I'd say a Lemming is more appropriate for you.

Originally posted by We4ster
Ahhh, spoken like a true liberal. Now it's OUR fault terrorists exist. I suppose you think it's GWB's fault Mr. Berg's head was sawed off too just as his father claims. :rolleyes:

How could I come up w/ that w/ o pasting ?????? I don't work in the Pentagon. But UNGN or RRT or whomever GOP can paste their info? i don't see you disparaging them when they quote others! I guess you would like to censor me?

Let's get ready to rumble....

TTA , you are a hypocrite!
Please explain with examples. :eek: Don't just make a cheap accusation and run away, let's hear it.

By the way, since this is your thread and you chose not to start one about being better off today, why don't you get into that here as well? I'd be happy to oblige.

I explained why in my post
I see....well, maybe not.

Here's your post:
TTA , you are a hypocrite!
I don't see an explanation, just an accuastion. Please indulge me and explain it for those of us that are slow since you're of the superior intellect.