Somthing to read

Junior Samples

Walk Away
The following is from todays Flint Journal, A family member of mine KIA and were trying to get memorial, even a dollar donation is fine by me i got paypal MCasteel2112@yahoo

A place to remember
Memorial to be spot for all to reflect on Clio soldier's deeds CLIOTHE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITIONSaturday, November 03, 2007By Beata Mostafavibmostafavi@flintjournal.com • 810.766.6210
QUICK TAKE

Benefits for the Anthony 'Andy' Yost Memorial

Events at Boomers Roadhouse, 6650 Highland Road, Waterford:

Nov. 10: 8 p.m., "Whiskey Falls" with 11-year-old TJ Craven opening the show, $15.

Nov. 30: 8 p.m., "Concrete Rodeo" CD release party, donations taken.

Dec. 22: 8 p.m., benefit concert for Yost featuring honored guest and veteran Stephen Cochran and honor guards to open the show, $15.

Details: (248) 666-6080.

Dinner and shows to be held at the Whistle Stop Cafe, at 182 W. Vienna Road, Clio. All events run at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. and cost $20, with 25 percent of ticket sales donated to the Yost memorial:

Nov. 24: "Concrete Rodeo" acoustic duet.

Dec. 15: 11-year-old TJ Craven.

Details: (810) 687-3234.

For more details, e-mail Georgeannr@hotmail.com. Visit MSG Anthony R.C.Yost for more information about Yost.

CLIO - Cheyenne Yost, 15, still isn't sure exactly how her father, Master Sgt. Anthony Yost, died.

The most famous unconfirmed story is that the Silver Star honoree was killed while hunting Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Iraq's onetime most dangerous and vicious terrorist.

But Cheyenne, a Millington High School freshman, just wishes there was a place to visit her dad, somewhere closer than Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia where he's buried.

Now, several locals are trying to help through a series of fundraisers before Christmas to pay for a $10,000 memorial for Yost in his hometown of Millington.

"I miss him a lot," Cheyenne said. "I definitely see him as being a hero. There's not a day that I don't think about that. Look what he did - he's, like, famous now.

"I want people to see how important he was to everyone in Millington and everyone in the country. I don't want people to forget."

The memorial features bronze boots, a gun and helmet and will be designed by the Michigan chapter of Lest They Be Forgotten.

Local organizers hope to build it downtown at the front of the Millington Cemetery by March.

Two years after losing her dad, Cheyenne said she doesn't think about the mysterious details surrounding his death.
But she misses their special ritual of eating bacon cheeseburgers and strawberry milkshakes.

Or how he called her "Chey-booger" and told her he was proud of her even though his job kept him far away.

She plans to visit the proposed memorial on weekends and holidays.

"I remember one time he was talking about my great grandpa, and my dad said 'He's in my heart,'" Cheyenne said. "I asked him 'If you die, are you going to be with me?' He said 'Yes, I'll be in your heart.' He is."

Yost, 39, was killed in an early morning explosion on Nov. 19, 2005.

Army accounts say Yost was responding to distress calls from Iraqi police and others in a furious battle with heavily armed insurgents in northeastern Mosul.

Yost, who served in the special forces unit, volunteered to lead an assault to secure the house, the report said. In the midst of the firefight, he led his Iraqi soldiers on a room-to-room search "with total disregard for his own safety," according to Army accounts.

A hidden device suddenly exploded, razing the house to rubble and killing Yost and several Iraqi soldiers with him.

The corpses of seven insurgents were recovered along with a cache containing explosives, mines and remote detonating devices, according to official accounts.

Some family members still believe there's more to the story.

The Times of London reported that Yost gunned down three of al-Zarqawi's top officers and badly injured al-Zarqawi himself.

Al-Zarqawi - an al-Qaida-linked militant and mastermind behind suicide bombings, kidnappings and beheadings - reportedly fled through an underground tunnel and blew up the house while Yost was inside. The terrorist was killed in 2006.

Along with his daughter, Yost leaves wife Joann, his parents and children A.J. and stepson Donovan.

Yost's story touched Georgeann Ricketts of Flushing, who volunteered to lead a series of fundraisers, from concerts to dinners, that she calls "missions" after Yost's family members asked for her help.

Ricketts has coordinated several benefits over the years, including five that raised $10,000 for then 11-year-old Tamara Johnson of Fenton, who was fighting cancer.

"It was so compelling," she said of the Yost story. "It just touched my heart. I told them, 'I'll make sure it's done by Christmas.'"

Yost's cousin, Dana Whitehead of Mt. Morris Township, said Yost was brave and believed in his work.

During a phone call with her days before he died, he was excited because the Iraqis had finally signed a constitution and were closer to obtaining democracy.

"There were so many different stories surrounding how he died," she said. "We've just let it go.

"He was so committed to his career. He believed in his mission and why he was there. He was an extremely well-decorated soldier, and I think it's important that he's recognized for all that he's sacrificed."

She said Yost's parents and several relatives still live in Michigan, as well as Cheyenne.

"There's no place for any of the family members to go visit him," she said. "Even though he's not laid there, it will at least be a presentation of him when Labor Day or Memorial Day comes and there will be a place we can go."

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

It is Veterans Day - Can a few of us step up to the plate and at least sign the guestbook on Andys' website. There is only a few days to meet the signature goal left !! Anyone with a heart out there?

It is Veterans Day - Can a few of us step up to the plate and at least sign the guestbook on Andys' website. There is only a few days to meet the signature goal left !! Anyone with a heart out there?
i dont know if i missed it, but where can i sign the guestbook at????..... R.I.P..........

The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass,
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and
said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough,
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep,

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here,
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod,
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

To all that serve......... R.I.P.........

thanks\

if you follow link MSG Anthony R.C.Yost

theres link on site to direct you to guest book

Let me say one thing, the day I got word, i rushed over to my sisters house, she wasnt home, not answering cell, so i waited and waited then i seen her and my bro in law comming down street and when she pulled up I knew at that point from her smiling face she had not heard but the look on my face told her that she was about to get some very bad news.

She had just talked to Andy 3 days before via email and was looking forward to seeing him.

Telling her and seeing her like that was THE most difficult thing Ive ever had to do in my entire life and this grown man cried for days.

So thanks to each and everyone who has at least clicked on link and stopped by to pay homage to an American Bad A$$

Mike