Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

Well at this point, I wouldn't hold my breath about a strong buick attendance this year. I've talked to everyone I know with a fast buick and they are either going to the GS Nationals instead of the shootout or they just aren't interested in the rivalry anymore. It's really too bad but more and more people are just putting our cars away for value reasons I'm guessing. Forget all the GS guys from showing up. I've posted till I was blue in the face begging them to bring some of their cars but they would rather race Buick on Buick. Bunch a cowards if you ask me. They won't even reply to my posts on their websites. I guess if we get smoked from lack of cars then maybe we should entertain the idea already mentioned of it being All GM vs Ford. Of course less Buicks would attend but so be it. Its not fair to the Ford camp to bring 60 cars total to their 90 plus. They want Competition! Prove me wrong boys, I'll be there with my car going for broke.

Well at this point, I wouldn't hold my breath about a strong buick attendance this year. I've talked to everyone I know with a fast buick and they are either going to the GS Nationals instead of the shootout or they just aren't interested in the rivalry anymore. It's really too bad but more and more people are just putting our cars away for value reasons I'm guessing. Forget all the GS guys from showing up. I've posted till I was blue in the face begging them to bring some of their cars but they would rather race Buick on Buick. Bunch a cowards if you ask me. They won't even reply to my posts on their websites. I guess if we get smoked from lack of cars then maybe we should entertain the idea already mentioned of it being All GM vs Ford. Of course less Buicks would attend but so be it. Its not fair to the Ford camp to bring 60 cars total to their 90 plus. They want Competition! Prove me wrong boys, I'll be there with my car going for broke.
I agree. Now last time Buick won a lot of Pontiacs showed up and we beat ford badly and a lot of those cars haven't shown up since. Is there a Pontiac club in Oklahoma that we
can contact. Too many Trans am, GTO's, G8's, GTP's, out there that aren't showing up. Maybe we need to advertise this event on there website?

I encourage every one of the people on thread to recruit as many participants as you can.

I did that for many years and I simply do not have the time to spend recruiting for this event anymore.

I still plan to be a participant in the event.

Phil Engle

So I just counted the names on the roster and there is 45 cars? 8 cars from Texas 8 cars from Kansas and 1 car in Arkansas? I really hope that we can get more cars than this. I couldn't find a Pontiac
car club on the web. Hopefully cars are being recruited at local car shows that are not on the commit list because it is not looking good so far.

Well I just got back from a car show and met a cool GS guy. He said his brother is bringing a 69 gs down and he will try to bring his 70 gs also. I'm going to start in again on the GS guys over at V8Buick.com. I know there are some fast caddys around (10s) so I will try to invite them. Bottom line is, we need another 50 or so cars to make this competitive against the Fords.

I'm not on the list but plan to be there unless my motor takes a turn for the worse. Feel free to add: JARED PARKER from KS. I know a few people in the Wichita area, I'll see if any are willing to make the drive.

Why do you think the Ford guys will bring 90 cars? Last year, there were 68 races with Team Buick having 5 Byes and Team Ford with 4. As far as Pontiac's and others, several came in 2011 but quite a few of them did not get to race a Ford and that was a big disappointment for some of them.

There are a few things that I am pretty certain about:

1) There are 7 weeks left to recruit more cars to race for Team Buick. Same amount of time for some racers to get their car to perform to its capabilities.

2) There are at least 15 Buick racers who will show up that did not post a commitment on this thread.

3) Most of the top Ford guys will go to Tulsa for that event.

4) 4 or 5 Buick racers will come to Noble and then proceed on to BG and at least 3 of those will be "fast" cars.

5) Most racers will still say this is their favorite race event.

6) Younger racers need to step up and promote this event if they want it to continue in the future. Us old lions and our cars are getting older.

Phil Engle

Well it just seems to me that when there are a lot of Buicks that show up we usually get the win, so when I see only 45 on the commit list it worries me.
I do not want to lose again and will try and get as many people to come as possible. I know of 2-3 people that will most likely come and are not on the
list so maybe more will show up than last year. And last year I feel like if 3-5 more 10-11 sec Buicks showed up we would of won the event because there
was a lot of close races. I look forward to this event every year and especially this one because in 07 was the last time I raced my t type. Now after engine
build and built tranny I am curious to see how fast she will be. Come on team Buick lets put a whoopin on Ford this year!

So I just counted the names on the roster and there is 45 cars? 8 cars from Texas 8 cars from Kansas and 1 car in Arkansas? I really hope that we can get more cars than this. I couldn't find a Pontiac
car club on the web. Hopefully cars are being recruited at local car shows that are not on the commit list because it is not looking good so far.

DAPA.org Dallas area Pontiac assoc.

What Phil said is correct. There will be plenty of Buicks that are not on the boards that will show up. Also, as stated in an earlier post, I had a lot of complaints last year that the event went too fast. Although we did not experience any long down times due to spills, the new track management is extremely efficient, So.... We are going to attempt to start qualifying a little later, and have a bit more of a break between qualifying and the finals as long as time (track cleanup for spills) permits. This should allow more time to either work on cars, or congregate with friends. There is a certain GMC truck and a certain twin turbo Pontiac that would surely help Team Buick, but I am not sure if their "Street Outlaws" commitments will interfere. Also Phil, Throw Down In T Town will not overlap us like last year. It is the following weekend according to Tulsa's website.

If the Buick's show up and we have a lot of 11-12 sec cars, we usually dominate in this area and that will win the event the way we did a few years ago. I can't remember exactly what year maybe '09? We lost just about all of the top 10 races but won the event because we dominated in the 11-12 sec range and we had more cars than the Fords.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like my car will be ready in time? My sons car will be there for sure it runs low 12's. If my GN is not ready I may bring the Turbo Sky but it is only a 13.50 car.

What Phil said is correct. There will be plenty of Buicks that are not on the boards that will show up. Also, as stated in an earlier post, I had a lot of complaints last year that the event went too fast. Although we did not experience any long down times due to spills, the new track management is extremely efficient, So.... We are going to attempt to start qualifying a little later, and have a bit more of a break between qualifying and the finals as long as time (track cleanup for spills) permits. This should allow more time to either work on cars, or congregate with friends. There is a certain GMC truck and a certain twin turbo Pontiac that would surely help Team Buick, but I am not sure if their "Street Outlaws" commitments will interfere. Also Phil, Throw Down In T Town will not overlap us like last year. It is the following weekend according to Tulsa's website.

Blake, thanks for you comments and the information on the Throw Down in T Town. Glad to see they changed the date and you're going to slow the pace of the event.

Be nice to have some of the Outlaws show up at the event. We'd get Big Chief and Daddy D while you would get Chuck and Farley.:)

Looking forward to the event.

Phil Engle

I'm getting optimistic, if everyone shows up that I've talked to so far, there will be 12, possibly more cars racing this year from KS. That up 8 cars so we will see. I agree we don't need the fastest cars to win so bring that turbo skylark for sure if your GN isn't up and ready.

Be nice to have some of the Outlaws show up at the event. We'd get Big Chief and Daddy D while you would get Chuck and Farley.:) Phil Engle

Damn... the Fords are getting the short end of the stick on this one. lol

Damn... the Fords are getting the short end of the stick on this one. lol

No chit!!

Dave: Do you know all from Dallas are who are coming to Noble? If so, please send me their names if they are not already on the list and I can add them to the list.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Chuck is a Ford with a Chevy motor, not sure if he would fit anywhere.... lol. I know of a number of Fords that missed the race last year because of T Town race. Hopefully they will show up!

No chit!!

Dave: Do you know all from Dallas are who are coming to Noble? If so, please send me their names if they are not already on the list and I can add them to the list.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

I'm sure there are a few? I'l take a look and let you know.

Thanks. We have 8 listed for Texas and at least 4 of those are from outside the DFW area.

See you in October.