Buick versus Ford Event in Noble. Date of October 11, 2014, confirmed yesterday by the track.

OK, here is the early tech (Friday night) sticker (for easy quick Saturday tech), and the top 20 stickers for both Buick and Ford. They will be about 3x3, clear background, and stick to the INSIDE of your glass.
fordvsbuick.jpg

So when I tech in Friday night they need to know I'm running in the F vs B saturday

Sounds great...I'll even wear my "Big Bad Buick " shirt I got from you at the Texas Nationals....you might regret the part about feeding me, I can eat some grub

lol No problem we'll have plenty! We usually feed some of the OK guys as well if they stop by our spot. All are welcome to stop and introduce yourself, eat and hang out. Even Blake is welcome lol

[QUOTE="QwikStop I got a room at Ruby's, where are you guys staying?[/QUOTE]

Yep same place.

As stated earlier, we are going to be changing up the schedule a little bit this year depending on car count and track cleanup time. Although gates will open at the usual 8AM, we are going to shift everything later and add a little more time for the lunch break, and the break between time trials and the main final. Gates will open at 8AM, Tech 9AM, Qualifying10AM-12PM. Lunch break 1200PM - 1230PM, Qualifying 1230PM - 3PM, Drivers meeting HOPEFULLY hosted by the famous Dick Walker or Steve Emberton 345PM, Finals 4PM. Hopefully a Buick win by 630PM, Awards 15 minutes after the Buick win! All times subject to change based on car count, track conditions or weather.

Last edited:
By very popular demand, there will be a car show this year. Sorry for the late notice. Only 5 bucks, and it will be a "people's choice" style. I figure, the more people that show to watch the pissed off V-6 weed-eater sounding cars race.....the better.

Last edited:
Lil Thumper, how do I get in contact with you? I have a local dyno shop that wanted to talk to you about the event. Currently our pm box function on this site is not functioning.

Looks like another local 7 second Ford is planning on showing to help Team Ford ! Please spread the word peeps! $1000 Guarantee for Top Team Winner this year, and we are paying down the Top 10 on both sides this year! EVERY winner of their individual Team Race all the way down to 100 also gets a little something (surprise) to show off this year ! One more little piece you guys and gals should know about is that we are going to do a major track prep when we hit the 9.99 barrier. Track will be prepped well for the slower cars, but we have implemented another good prep at (about) the 9.99 mark. Although this race is ultimately about the TEAM EFFORT, and although this may put another 15 minute delay in things, there may be more than the usual FAST cars running copious quantities of ice cold turbo boost showing up, so we will be implementing an extra track prep during the finals. Stephanie Johnson has ended pre-ordering of this year's shirts, but we will have a decent selection early in the day on race day if you show early. Anyone that wants L or smaller, or XXXL or larger needs to contact me immediately to add to our initial order. Please also follow us on Facebook. Ford vs Buick.

As usual OkieRacing will be here in full force for Team Ford with 10-12 cars/trucks! We may have a Team Buick entry aswell, but looking forward to it always tons of fun!

Hotel info: Rubys, 1737 S Green Ave, Purcell, OK 73080, 405-527-5577....... Sooner Legends, 1200 24th Ave SW, Norman, OK 73072, 405-701-8100......Embassy Suites, 2501 Conference Dr, Norman, OK 73069, 405-364-8040.......Courtyard Norman, 770 Copperfield Dr, Norman, OK 73072, 405-701-8900.........Fairfield Inn, 301 Norman Center Ct, Norman, OK 73072, 405-447-1661. Plenty more available since OU will be out of town during our race. Anywhere along I-35 from as North as Robinson, to as far South as HWY 9, you will find more hotels and restaurants. Hope all the out of state people can show Friday, visit downtown Oklahoma City, and come out for a good Friday evening track time at Thunder Valley Raceway Park. Please email me for any Hotel info in the greater OKC area. lilthumperT70@aol.com

That was the 1 thing missing and I've got to thank you for finding the info for me last night.(y) Jason, myself, and my bud Greg will be at Rubys Friday night if everything works right. Can't get off work until 2pm so my guess would be on the road at 4.:( Hope to see you all there.:cool: A 3 bed room is $76 which is pretty darn good if you ask me.:D

Hey Phil. Im sorry but Fear will not be ready for event. Still testing and wkg out bugs with new combo. I really thought we wld have it ready. The faster we want to go, the easier those small things kick ya olin the butt

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Phil,

As Charlie stated earlier, I'll be there with my car and hope to get there to tech Friday evening. Not sure how much help I'll be for the team but I'm hoping to make a new personal best with the car somewhere in the mid 11's

Phil,

As Charlie stated earlier, I'll be there with my car and hope to get there to tech Friday evening. Not sure how much help I'll be for the team but I'm hoping to make a new personal best with the car somewhere in the mid 11's

A win with one of our 11-sec Buicks counts exactly the same as beating a 7-second Furd :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, wanted to quickly introduce myself. My name is "Mo Lones". I am the owner of LSXkilr Custom Calibrations (www.facebook.com/LSXkilr). I talked to Blake today, and we are going to be bringing our Mobile Dyno to this year's Ford vs Buick event.
Event pricing will be $75/ 2 pulls NO AFR
(If needed we can do $100/ 2 pulls WITH AFR)

I also can fill Nitrous bottles and hpa NANO bottles at the track, and can bring various fuels ( E85, E98) as well, if needed?

Here's a pick of the rig. It's a Land&Sea Dynomite 24" roller Inertia only Dyno, mounted in a trailer. We take the tires off the trailer, lower it to the ground, and have 12' of ramp to drive up onto the trailer. This dyno is rated for 2500+HP.

10686594_10205015691731715_7670071573340608567_n.jpg

Here's another neat pic of a Nitrous 03 Cobra we dyno'd this past evening on the mobile dyno.
68934_10205015695611812_7224277580646813441_n.jpg

Another couple shots:
10666096_385352988286067_5726339576695845200_n.jpg

10418434_385352948286071_2865138631592930619_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Phil. Im sorry but Fear will not be ready for event. Still testing and wkg out bugs with new combo. I really thought we wld have it ready. The faster we want to go, the easier those small things kick ya olin the butt

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Hopefully you can still make it. It sounds like even with a few bugs, your car will still be a good addition to Team Buick. You get to continue working out bugs, and hang out with everyone at the same time! Win Win!! Hope you can make it!

Hopefully you can still make it. It sounds like even with a few bugs, your car will still be a good addition to Team Buick. You get to continue working out bugs, and hang out with everyone at the same time! Win Win!! Hope you can make it!
x2.Agree.

Great to hear that your bringing the dyno Mo. Hopefully that Pontiac will make the trip also!:)