Buick versus Ford Event at Noble - Oct 12th 2013

I will be there from Kansas City:D

Great. Look forward to meeting you at the track. I'll be the gray headed old man wearing a black ball cap that says" I didn't come here to lose". :)

I've put you on the list.

Phil Engle

I am so happy that everyone is fired up for the event. A lot of interest on the web for this event. No reason this should not be the biggest Buick vs Ford event in the country, given the location and the new track management. Happy New Year to all, hope to see everyone in Oct. 2013. I am currently working on my newest sand-bag technology, with LED hazard lights....hopefully with a pair of PTE 62 twins in the new 5.0 :)

hey everybody its bones from texas i was devastated that the race got cancelled last year but once everbody missed it soo bad last year i bet there will be 3 times more people this year i look forward to be there for sure with my old buick turned on kill so see yall there

Bones: Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing your car run at it's full potential.

FYI, the track is under new management and they seem to be doing a bang up job. Track reopens on February 10th and I'm looking forward to making some runs this spring.

See you in the fall.

Phil Engle

I am working on getting support from one of the biggest Ford internet sites! I am afraid this thing may be BIG! This may need to be a 2 day party.

let us know so we can get our vacation days lined out. I'm ok with racing on Friday too if need be.

I don't think it can be a 2 day event this year. But you should def show up Friday. It is always a great test and tune night. The Buicks and Fords own the testntune on Friday. Who sings the song...."I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it............ Oh ya. Lots of interest, and still many months away. Hope some of the guys going to that other race decide to stop by!

ahh. the good times at Rubys and Noble..
Who knows might catch a ride up there and hang out with you guys...
Re-exposureofIMG_2358.jpg

ahh. the good times at Rubys and Noble..
Who knows might catch a ride up there and hang out with you guys...
Re-exposureofIMG_2358.jpg

It would be good to see you there. Been a long time since that picture was taken but I can still remember your first name.<BAG>

Phil Engle

Update on the list. With 48 commitments, we're almost to the 100 participants point. Let's start recruiting more people; I expect the Ford guys will bring a large crowd.

AR JAMES KIDDY
AR WADE ATCHISON
KS ADAM KARY
KS BROKE
KS MAPMAKER
KS MATT GORDON
NE JIM RASMUSSEM
NE JOHN PLOG
OK ADAM LINDSEY
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK EDIE HOOPER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MARK GAINOR
OK MIKE LERNER
OK MONTE HOLLINGSWORTH
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BUD SMITH
TX CARL BRIMER
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX SIX IS ENOUGH
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES
TX GEOFF NEWTON

We now have 51 racers who have committed to participate at Noble.

AR JAMES KIDDY
AR WADE ATCHISON
KS ADAM KARY
KS BROKE
KS MAPMAKER
KS MATT GORDON
NE JIM RASMUSSEM
NE JOHN PLOG
OK ADAM LINDSEY
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DANIEL ASHLOCK
OK DICK WALKER
OK EDIE HOOPER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK KEN BEATTY
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MARK GAINOR
OK MIKE LERNER
OK MONTE HOLLINGSWORTH
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK RANDY THOMPSON
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RUSS GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK TYRELL ROGERS
OK WILLIAM AVILLA
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BUD SMITH
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHRIS MCDADE
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX JIM MCDADE
TX KIRSTEN WENDEBERG
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX SIX IS ENOUGH
TX TIM WENDEBERG
TX WILL BARNES
TX GEOFF NEWTON

Oh yes, I can't leave out Steve and Kathy. Good people that have always been good sports putting up with all of my smack talking! But yes John, I have you signed up for helping in the lanes during finals. Would like to have most of the original crew helping. Todd Ferguson, etc... Still would like Matt Hamilton and the regular crew in the tower if they would like. Have something for me huh? Not sure how much racing, if any, I will be able to do, but may have a 2013 twin turbo automatic mustang out there...hint, hint.

Blake,

Thanks for taking on the task of organizing this race. I am sure it will be a great success! I will absolutely support this race by bringing a Ford, and by encouraging others to do so as well. I appreciate you considering me for helping with the tower, but I am planning to focus solely on my car this year. With any luck, it will be fast enough to handle a Turbo Buick (or maybe even a twin turbo 2013 Coyote). :) Just as John Nguyen said, feel free to get in touch with me if you would like to discuss (in advance) any strategies for sorting times and pairing the races.

Matt

I think you mean agitator.:eek:

I am "The Agitator" in the OKBuick group.:) We also have a "Jester" and we try to liven up the Oklahoma group before the Shootout.

Not sure why Matt posted here but glad to see Blake is working on putting the support team together.

Most Ford guys that posted here previously were pretty funny. They had one guy with a 9 second Fox body that went by Johnny Ringo, Johnny Hot Dog or something like that. Think he was the guy that brought the T shirts with the Top 10 ways to recognize a Buick owner. It was pretty funny.

I'm a little concerned about the small number of Texans that committed to come. Only about ten so far.

Finally get all the bugs out of the new rearend and the alky pump craps out.:( Will get it rebuilt by Julio and take the car to the track to see what it will run. It sure is driving good and pulls pretty hard.