Buick racing event in Phoenix!

that PHX is, was, and will be thanksgiving week end.
there was mention of also trying to get a Las Vegas date, last I heard was for Oct 4-5 . but I've seen no confirmation. maybe Len or one of the LV guys can speak up and confirm or update us.

Last I heard a formally organized LV event isn't really happening. Oct 4th is on the schedule for "club drags" so basically as many that want to show up as part of the Buick Club the better. Supras and Corvettes will also be there so it should be fun. I'll call the track this week and see if they'll add Buicks to the schedule along with the Supras and Vettes.

Last I talked to Nick about it, the plan is to be like the previous years. Early Parking and tech will be on Friday afternoon. Signup for classes Friday and Saturday morning. Racing Sat and Sun. Last year there were a few different heads up classes; TSM, 11.5 and 10.0 index. Also a full tree bracket.

I know last years payout was over $500 for first in the 10.0 and bracket! :biggrin:

i hope to run in the 11.50 class this year. Anyone else going to run in that class?

I got the new 4 bolt turbo mounted and I think I'l be able to make at least 500hp and beat Jeff and Don now. Watch out fellas..:tongue: The 70 "series" 3-bolt GTQ turbo is now for sale(5.60's@125 @3000lbs), among other "go fast" parts! BTW, the turbo has less than 75 1/4 runs at 28psi.

scott wile

Neberrrr!!!

I know...Can't even let me pretend to be cool with my new t-4 turbo for one second can you ....;) You and your un-spool-able, T-6, tractor pulling, diesel smoking turbo... You arrogant bastard...:tongue: Guess I'll have to fill the bottles. Let's run a pro-tree...:eek:

scott wile

I know...Can't even let me pretend to be cool with my new t-4 turbo for one second can you ....;) You and your un-spool-able, T-6, tractor pulling, diesel smoking turbo... You arrogant bastard...:tongue: Guess I'll have to fill the bottles. Let's run a pro-tree...:eek:

scott wile
OK. :tongue:

Don what kinda of rear end setup & rear suspension setup are you running? Also what boost and RPM you lauching @?

Don what kinda of rear end setup & rear suspension setup are you running? Also what boost and RPM you lauching @?

I have a Moser 12 bolt housing. Spool with Pro 4.11 gears now, but I'll soon be putting the 3.73s back in. 33 spline axles. The suspension is basically still stock. Boxed lowers. Currie adjustable uppers. Right side air bag. Stock springs. ATR sway bar. I have a TRZ roll bar to install and I need to notch the frame for some 29.5x10.5-15W slicks. A custom X-frame member reinforces the lower control arm forward mounting points.

By the time the transbrake releases the engine is at around 4300 to 4500 rpm and around 16 psi boost.

By the time the transbrake releases the engine is at around 4300 to 4500 rpm and around 16 psi boost.

Not anymore...:tongue: BTW, the 200 shot pill is going in...:eek:

(internet racing is great ain't it?)

scott wile

Not anymore...:tongue: BTW, the 200 shot pill is going in...:eek:

(internet racing is great ain't it?)

scott wile

:eek: You might be right about that!

200? Good for you. I want to see how that thing launches now.

I have a Moser 12 bolt housing. Spool with Pro 4.11 gears now, but I'll soon be putting the 3.73s back in. 33 spline axles. The suspension is basically still stock. Boxed lowers. Currie adjustable uppers. Right side air bag. Stock springs. ATR sway bar. I have a TRZ roll bar to install and I need to notch the frame for some 29.5x10.5-15W slicks. A custom X-frame member reinforces the lower control arm forward mounting points.

Don, I am looking at selling my Phoenix 29.5x10.5x15 slicks. They probably have less then 10 runs. I got them about 6 months ago and they are a little too big for my wheel opening. Paid over $400 from Jegs. Looking at getting $225.
Jeff

Don, I am looking at selling my Phoenix 29.5x10.5x15 slicks. They probably have less then 10 runs. I got them about 6 months ago and they are a little too big for my wheel opening. Paid over $400 from Jegs. Looking at getting $225.
Jeff

Thanks for the offer, but I've already picked up a set of M/Ts. :frown: