Buick racing event in Phoenix!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
With only 2-1/2 months before the proposed Buick event in Vegas, any further news if the track there is going to accommodate us?

In Phoenix, we plan to have the third annual Buick event on the weekend after Thanksgiving. Like last year, we will have track access to park trailers/cars on Friday afternoon and have overnight camping both Friday night and Saturday night.:smile:

Since we do not want to have any conflict with a Vegas Buick event, our details will be posted soon.:rolleyes:

Thanks for posting, Nick, glad to hear. I would sure like to make it this year, as I haven't made it in a few years.

O hell ya. Not sure if i will make it but im going to try. Im in crunch mode again. I need to figure out my knock issue. if i figure it out i will be there. Still need to add studs to the rearend and change fluid and what not but thats all small stuff.

Everything is a go!:)

Just like last year, we can park our vehicles on Friday afternoon. The exact times will be posted later, but like 1:00 PM until 5 or 6 PM we will be able to enter, pay for the event for Saturday and/or Sunday, and park in our "usual" areas. Exact times for Friday will be posted closer to the event.

No camper hook-up, but overnight camping is OK. Restroom are always available.

Check out the track schedule and other info here:

SpeedWorld Drag Strip Race Calendar

Thanks for asking, other details will be posted later, and please ask if you have more questions. [Like WHO is bringing the candy?:biggrin: ]

LEE better be bringing the candy. Wonder how the event will turn out with 2 events this year.

you bunch of candy lovers !!!!!!!!!!!

ok, ok, I'm taking requests,
I personally like almond rocha,:D
looking forward to attending, seeing everyone,
no car for me this year, (its all apart) :frown:
were in the middle of moving to new house,
and am starting 30x40 garage, at new house, :biggrin: :biggrin:
hope to see alot of you there,

Nick thanks for the info.
We will be there with the long skinny car:D .

How often do you run at SpeedWorld? We will start running there around the start of September. I need to finish my licensing passes.

no car yet!

No car? Thats not cool. Still dont have the new motor in?

beside new motor & trans,........................... notching the frame, fuel cell, -10 fuel ines,upgraded fuel pump & system, narrowed 9in, all new suspension, disc brakes on rear, complete the cage to meet nhra specs, window net, and on and on.

I guess we could run the GNX

how about if I put "Buick" decals on the motor in the 57 chevy.
its a supercharged 383, :tongue:

beside new motor & trans,........................... notching the frame, fuel cell, -10 fuel ines,upgraded fuel pump & system, narrowed 9in, all new suspension, disc brakes on rear, complete the cage to meet nhra specs, window net, and on and on.

You've got 2 months to finish:confused: :confused: Get on it!!;) If you need help lemme know.

Scott Wile

Here is a motivational pic for you Mr. Lee W...........

.......Yes, it is 321 stainless:D

Attachments

• DSCN0308.jpg
    DSCN0308.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 398
Scott, Scott,Scott

when will you grow up, and stop playing with cars???????
your dad and I are both almost 60yrs old, and got addicted long ago, we had hope for you and your brother, but alas........ your both hopeless!
I am over my head in work right now, both home and work, beside trying to complete the car, were moving, and trying to get a new garage going,
I'm ordering a lift, maybe two cause I'm greedy!
I will probably need some help with the fast system as it still won't shut off, I added a new ground,no help,
but there is so much else to do before I address that issue,
whose doing your exhaust, as I need something similar,
if I can help let me know!

when will you grow up, and stop playing with cars???????
your dad and I are both almost 60yrs old, and got addicted long ago, we had hope for you and your brother, but alas........ your both hopeless!
I am over my head in work right now, both home and work, beside trying to complete the car, were moving, and trying to get a new garage going,
I'm ordering a lift, maybe two cause I'm greedy!
I will probably need some help with the fast system as it still won't shut off, I added a new ground,no help,
but there is so much else to do before I address that issue,
whose doing your exhaust, as I need something similar,
if I can help let me know!

I understand Lee. I just went through a month and a half of hell with my house. It decided to become a swimming pool while I was out for the day.:redface: Give me a call when your ready to do the exhaust. Be prepared to spend some cash though because with 321 stainless currently at $95 a u-bend it won't be cheap.:( I spent $600 in material alone:eek: I think it might be 11's capable now.....

Scott Wile

Just what is so funny???????????

Scott's truck should be capable of running 11's

on another note, your knock issue, was reading where guy had cam 8 degrees advanced, and chased detination issues for long time, finally changed cam timing, and presto.... no issues, something you might look into.
I think Z likes to retard camshafts, but???????

I just hope my car is 11 's capable!!!:D