Buick event

FWIW, the one contact at Gateway that was working well with us is no longer there. I do not forsee an event at Gateway happening this year.I will try to get discussions going again, but unless you are good with roughly $300/car track time (based on ~50 cars expected), I don't see that happening.

The new Mid America Raceway is not yet constructed, but preliminary talks with them went very well, and the pricing was very attractive. However, the chances of that working for 2013 are small.

There is a chance we could do an event at an 1/8th mile track like I-57 / Benton or Sikeston sooner. I would need to know if there is an interest in 1/8th mile or not.

FWIW, the one contact at Gateway that was working well with us is no longer there. I do not forsee an event at Gateway happening this year.I will try to get discussions going again, but unless you are good with roughly $300/car track time (based on ~50 cars expected), I don't see that happening.

The new Mid America Raceway is not yet constructed, but preliminary talks with them went very well, and the pricing was very attractive. However, the chances of that working for 2013 are small.

There is a chance we could do an event at an 1/8th mile track like I-57 / Benton or Sikeston sooner. I would need to know if there is an interest in 1/8th mile or not.

I know Scott would work with us at I57 if the club wants to put something together . It is a good drive from St.Louis but there are a few Buick guys local to the Benton area.He already does a show,test&tune day with a club from St.Louis every year . Good guy he and his family work hard to take care of the racers.

Look for some info on a STL event soon this late this summer. Stay tuned...

Its ON! Less than a month to go, and we need racers, sponsors, and show cars to be part of this event!

TSO, TSM, THS, and a GS class will be held at this event. Each class winner will receive a winner's jacket and a plaque! Sponsors are starting to add to the pot. So far the Buick Performance Group and HRPartsNStuff are on board!

Class racers get entry for Saturday and Sunday's race program together for $60. T&T/bracket will be available for $40 on Friday as well.

If you will be entering, please let us know along with your class. Address any Buick class / race questions to gatewaybpe@yahoo.com.

Event General Information

Host Hotel
Double Tree – Collinsville Hilton
1000 Eastport Plaza Drive
Collinsville, IL 62234
618-345-2800
REFERENCE – GATEWAY ALL AMERICAN SHOOTOUT
Show Rate: $92 Per Night

Spectator Pricing:
Weekend Adult - $35
Friday-$10
Saturday - $20
Sunday – $15

Children under 6 Free
6- 12 - $5.00 Per Day

Spectator Gate Hours:
Friday –6:00 pm
Saturday – 9:00 am
Sunday – 9:00 am

For Event Information:
618-215-8888 ext. 101
image001.jpg

Car show and autocross entry form

Attachments

• CarShow&AutoCross.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 89
Drag racing registration form

Attachments

• Racing Registration Form.pdf
    58.7 KB · Views: 16,459
I have updated the event schedule. Looks like the times for these classes will be later in the afternoon on Saturday.

Attachments

• Event Schedule-1.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 107
For clarity:

There are three TR-specific classes being run: TSO, TSM, THS. If you have a TR qualified to run in one of these classes, it will be $60 for Saturday and Sunday (one fee covering both days). The Friday T&T is $40. You may also run in other money classes if you wish.

The "Buick bracket" class is our all GS bracket class. If you have any Buick V8 powered GS of any year you may enter this class. Again, it will be $60 for Saturday and Sunday (one fee covering both days). The Friday T&T is $40. You may also run in other money classes if you wish.

Any other Buick vehicles (Buick powered or not) are encouraged to attend. You can show or race in any of the other classes appropriate for your vehicle. We can not have classes for everything, and we do not know what the attendance will be.

Note that the weather for this weekend looks great, and any rain expected will be limited. The pits are fully paved. The track is a national event NHRA track, and is able to deal with cleanups and track drying very well.

Each of the TR/GS classes will have a plaque and jacket from the track as a prize. Other cash and gift certificate prizes will be awarded in these classes as well.

http://www.gatewaymsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-All-American-Information-Revised-PDF-1.pdf

Per David Day:

We have $1000 dollars worth of cash and prizes to go to the winners and the track is going to give the winners a jacket and plaque!! Hope we have a good turnout.
DDay