Bronze in Oil/Track Results

stevec

After breaking in the new motor and checking the moroso oil filter screen I am seeing alot of what appears to be bronze. It must be coming for the cam retainer plate or the lifter bushings. Anyhow I drained the oil and cleaned filter. Is this normal?? Called Dutweiler and they said should clear up. Anyhow the motor has an 1 stage weaver belt driven oil pump and the pressure is 40psi when fully warmed up and goes to 80 psi when you wack the throttle.
Everything else looks ok motor sounds crips and revs like mad. So do a few street passes and man this things pulls like mad. The power curve starts around 4800 and pulls right to 8000. Head to the track the next day to make a few test passes.
1st pass leave off idle run through the 1000 foot and shut it off. Cars runs 113.5 mph at 1/8 at 22 psi. Next pass no changes except leave on trans brake at 2psi. Car goes 1.82 60' 113.5 mph at 1/8 and runs 10.20 at 144 mph. Last pass left on 2step at 5000 and it shook/spuns the tires through 1st and second gear. Ran 10.40 and 143 mph. So far I am pretty happy with the results. We were running on the New M/T 2755015 drag radials which seem alot better than the BFG's. Also this car tips the scales at 3850 w/driver. Were going to pull the back out motor and that a look inside just to be safe.

Later

Steve Crisafulli

stevec

What size motor are you running. S1/S2 Off/On center. That is some serious HP you are making. Good Luck! :)

On-center Stage 2 274", chapman stage 2 heads, 4-bolt 88, conv 4bbl intake, etc, etc.

Steve C

Holy batman!!!!! Is that THE Steve C, where the heck have you been? Haven't seen you guys forever, does this mean your coming to Etown for Labor day, should be fun, there is a whole new bunch of Stage motored car in Jersey, maybe we can get a TSO style class together.....

Later

Steve Crisafulli [/B][/QUOTE]

Steve,

I am glad to see that your car is back together.
Any chance we will see any pictures of the new headers?
How is the TTA coming along????