Broken water well head

deezdad

My daughter paid me a visit today and left me with the gift of toppling over my water well head with her car..the part that sticks above the ground like a foot or so. I stood it back up but it is snapped, i could hear dirt hitting the water as i was straightening it out. Any one know what im looking at to repair this thing?

Are you in a area where it freezes, if so anything important is 3 feet below ground. Task is to keep ground water out.
dig around to the cracked area and repair- cement maybe?

Im in central mass gets as cold as 10 below..im in a town that has all wells and freezing doesnt seem to be a problem..my problem now is that dirt that fell in the well has turned my water murky...got a feelin this is gonna cost me, i rent the house but couldnt see dropping this in my landlords lap

dig er up and replace. dont know how much they are though. its a pipe within a pipe dont believe up can repair

Dig away all the dirt down to a foot below the cracked area with enough room to work. Repair the casing.
You water is compromised for now, don't drink it or add tablets/bleach? What filtration do you have currently?

Just dig around it and slide an 8 or 10 inch fernco or whatever size the well casing is, put the broken end on next and tighten it up real good. only other choice is welding it and prob dont want slag and crap to fall into your well. Put a fernco on mine worked great!