Brand New

87TTypewriter

finally
I just sold my WS6 now im on my way Friday to TN to pick up an 87 T Type with 69k.. Im very excited about this car. Aside from needing bumper fillers the car is beautiful. Never had one and i dont know much about turbo cars. My buddy has a TTA and knows some about the cars. Any advice about where to start with the car. i have been reading and sounds like allot of people change their brake systems. any tips about the car would be greatly appreciated. what to get what not to waste money on. my longterm goal is around 450rwhp. im all about streetability and respecting the rarity of this car. thanks allot

Start with the "spring cleaning" post and start reading on the board. There's a lot of info here and on other boards and reading as much as you can is the best thing you can do before you start modifying anything. Welcome to the club. THERE COMMING TO TAKE YOU AWAY...... And get ready for the straight jacket.

first thing...scanmaster 2.1 and spring cleaning...check the homepage for the vendors, just about anyone of them can get you the scanmaster or sometimes the for sale section

The spring cleaning they are refering to is on this website Turbo Regal Web Site That should help you find that a little better. Do alot of reading on this site and pick one vendor when modifying, and work with them toward your goal.

John

I just sold my WS6 now im on my way Friday to TN to pick up an 87 T Type with 69k.. Im very excited about this car. Aside from needing bumper fillers the car is beautiful. Never had one and i dont know much about turbo cars. My buddy has a TTA and knows some about the cars. Any advice about where to start with the car. i have been reading and sounds like allot of people change their brake systems. any tips about the car would be greatly appreciated. what to get what not to waste money on. my longterm goal is around 450rwhp. im all about streetability and respecting the rarity of this car. thanks allot

Where in TN are you getting the car?

My best advice, just take it easy on it for a few days until you learn the little things.

I managed (through new owner stupidity) to wipe 2 cam lobes, blow a head gasket and basically require a "bit of work" on my T-Type on the day that I drove it home (I didn't know that the little red light indicated an empty methanol tank...).

Otherwise, read up, take your time, and enjoy the ride!

thanks man. good advice there. we are gonna trailor the car back here to FL. and ive already got a truck and a dd car so the Buick is just something i wanted before i get deployed for a year. ive got 9 months till we fire it up so im trying to enjoy it as much as possible. less time with the woman and more time with cars and fishing. ha. im gonna baby this thing. not interested in spending a bunch on it before i leave.

paris, TN

Did you buy the car off of David Hopper? If this is the car I rode in it a few weeks ago. The car does need the codes checked, O2 sensor and check the trans. fluid. The car ran ok, but was flashing the "check engine light" under hard acceleration. Change the oil in it as well, because it had some lifter noise when he first started it. The noise went away in a minute. That was a very nice car that was rust free. David is a straight shooter and very honest. I bought his stage I motor/trans from him a few weeks ago. If you don't mind me asking, what did you give him for it? If you don't want to answer that, it's fine. I thought of buying it while I was down there, because it was a very nice car. The t-tops are what held me back from buying it, as I like solid roof cars. Good luck with your car, as it is a nice one.