Bpg Members Listen Up: Norwalk Bpg Meet? I Want Ur Opinions!!!!!

VETKILR

Staff member
Hey Everyone,

Ive sent John Schmidt an email regarding this. I want to know how many people would attend either a test/tune event or an actual 2-3 day event. I want nothing to compete with Buick Raceday in early May which i cant attend for the next 3 years anyway because i have college finals every first week in May. I want to have a BPG meet at Norwalk in lets say July or August to run TSM and also GSE at along with a Super 16 and ladies race also with Bracket 1 and 2 classes, and finally a test and tune lane. I feel , and i know this for a fact, that many new members who have attended Norwalk love it. I always have supported Norwalk because the owner puts big $$ in his track but i have never heard anyone complain about it. Its a state of the art facility and one at least in the top 5 tracks in the nation. I had a test and tune there last year and John Schmidt and Terry Houston (TURBO GURU!) were both there along with some other TR guys and JIm Wegmiller with his low 9 sec big block camaro, he runs in NSCA! Id like to get a nice event rolling, to be the first annual meet that the BPG , besides the National event,and the Kearney Nebraska event. Ohio has so far the strongest membership in the BPG and i know many of the members. This invitation stretches to all of the other BPG members in the US who car to attend What i want is your opinions??? RACEBUICKS, Jim Weise, the big guns, Yardley, what do you think?? Would you come or is this not a good date or what, I WANT ALL MEMBERS OPINIONS ON THIS RACE!! I hope for the BPG national event we consider Norwalk because it is a great facility.

Sorry for the long post, but how about it, either a test and tune or a couple of day event?? Norwalk loves Buicks, and the racers love the track! We could possibly get a Super 16 there, run it basically like Buick Raceday at Norwalk, but to BPG members only ( GSCA too, but ill let you the members debate that!!!) So how about it eveyone, give me your opinions im waiting???

If not an event how about a large test and tune with bbq picnic and nice family atmosphere??? Its all up to you, all the money that doesnt go to the track would be put in the purse, and Norwalk the higher the car count after i think 80 cars or so, they dont charge you for the racing part, it only goes then for the track fee charging how many hours you use it.

So give me your opinions everyone, should we make it an event, just a test and tune, or????? BPG members only or GSCA too, this would be a BPG RUN EVENT, as John would help me run it. Im good at running things and wouldnt take anyones money because im not that type of person. I AM A BUICK ENTHUSIAST!! THIS EVENT WOULD BE RUN BY ME AND WHOEVER ELSE IN THIS CLUB WOULD LIKE TO HELP ME! THIS WOULD BE RUN AND PARTICIPATED BY ONLY BUICK ENTHUSIASTS!

I hope that message was clear

Tony
BPG # 1139

Buick Performance GRoup. Refer to my post on v8buick.com under section titled bench racing. Same topic, my screen name on there is TROSE11SECGN!

Tony