Bought a new bed

GNRick

Retired member
It's a Beauty Rest. Pillow top. Very comfy. My old bed was 15 y.O. Problem is this mattress is at least 6 inches thicker than my old one. Have to look down to see my clock radio. Paid $800 at Macy's, delivered. Should I build a foundation under the end table to bring the clock radio up to eye level?

No, get a new clock that projects the time on the ceiling.

Did it come with box springs? Maybe you can have Macy's swap them out for a set of lower profile ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please post back in a few months to tell us how it's holding up.

Mattresses usually start to sag after a few months. I've gone through a few and have been shopping for a new one (something firm for my back). All the reviews I find are mixed. Any "real world" insight is preferred.

Consumer Reports recently reviewed them and liked the Doctor's Choice model from Denver Mattress. I didn't feel like shopping around since I would just get confused anyway. There are several furniture/mattress stores in my town. CR said to avoid memory foam as you sink into it and then it's hard to roll over. Mine isn't real firm. I probably could have bought a firmer one but I think it will be OK.

We bought a Serta iComfort last year. It is memory foam and at first it was as flat and firm as a sheet of 3/4" plywood. It has eased up but still feels firm enough. It has sunk maybe 1/2" in the middle. No problem rolling over.

I have. A memory foam and my girl weighs in at 450 lbs at4'-2". For the last 2 years I end up on top of her every night from the crater she made in my bed.

You mean shower? You must have a walk in shower like in a high school locker room

The best sleep i’ve gotten is from placing the box spring right on the floor and the mattress on top. No frame.

Been doing that for 10 years now.

It’s not the prettiest but I don’t care. A good nights rest is very important.

The broad doesn’t mind either.

I can see my alarm too. :D

D

The best sleep i’ve gotten is from placing the box spring right on the floor and the mattress on top. No frame.

Been doing that for 10 years now.

It’s not the prettiest but I don’t care. A good nights rest is very important.

The broad doesn’t mind either.

I can see my alarm too. :D

D
I think I will remove the frame.

I never understood the need for box springs. Place half inch or three quarter plywood on top of frame and enjoy. Secure it to frame if you are still in the active, fun part of life. Not necessary if married for more than 5 years. Ha Ha.