Bought a new bed

I never understood the need for a frame. Just screw casters to bottom of box spring if you need wheels, and attach head board to box spring with a couple L brackets.

I tried the plywood between the box and mattress trick. It made the bed too hard.

Box and mattress on the floor is best and no squeaky noises either.

Thank me later.

D

You gotta have the frame man, its that much cooler when your chic is feeling feisty and the bed is in the corner by the wall and you look up an hour later and its in the middle of the room :)

make sure to rotate it,,pillow tops cant be flipped and rotated..mine lasted 8 yrs in the spare bedroom,,mother in law actuall slept from 10pm till 6pm...was up 4 hrs and back to bed she toasted that bed by sleeping in the same spot for 20hrs aday

8 years sounds pretty good under those circumstances. Do you remember what brand it was? Yeah I guess I can't flip my pillow top. Didn't think of that.

Sorry cant remember the name..i can tell you it was one of the big 3 or 4 name brands..just read up on rotating it

I have a sleep number C3 which is their model that all pretty much start with ,then you upgrade from their,,i wish i would have added the pillow top to the sleep number

also have a memory foam bed,,I am 275 and i sink way into it and need a crane to get out of the whole i sink into

So looks like Consumer Reports called it right when
They said to avoid memory foam.

So looks like Consumer Reports called it right when
They said to avoid memory foam.
I believe memory foam is one of those get what you pay for things. We have had a Temperpedic for 4 years and love it. We paid 4k for it. Whenever we go somewhere else, hotels, etc were always ready to get back to our bed. Right now we're on a cruise and miss our Temperpedic emmensly. Only bad thing about it is it's not as fun in the extracurricular department. Absolutley no bounce. Its all up to you buddy ;)

Oh and it's warrantied for 25 years.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It's a Beauty Rest. Pillow top. Very comfy. My old bed was 15 y.O. Problem is this mattress is at least 6 inches thicker than my old one. Have to look down to see my clock radio. Paid $800 at Macy's, delivered. Should I build a foundation under the end table to bring the clock radio up to eye level?

Who likes the new mattress the most, the G/F, or the wife??:bucktooth::p
As for the clock radio..Turn it up, then you can see it in the mirror on the ceiling!!:LOL:

Mirror on the ceiling? What is this the seventies?

Lol no wife, occasional g/f, no mirror on ceiling. I removed the frame and now the bed is level with the clock radio.

I believe memory foam is one of those get what you pay for things. We have had a Temperpedic for 4 years and love it. We paid 4k for it. Whenever we go somewhere else, hotels, etc were always ready to get back to our bed. Right now we're on a cruise and miss our Temperpedic emmensly. Only bad thing about it is it's not as fun in the extracurricular department. Absolutley no bounce. Its all up to you buddy ;)

Oh and it's warrantied for 25 years.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this. I've never wanted to get back home to my own bed until I got a tempur mattress. The first one my wife and I got was a Simmons version, but it was fantastic. The prior mattress was a $1500 pillow top and it is still amazing to lie on, but after 3 years we had lower back pain because it was just too soft. The Simmons mattress was getting a bit worn after 10 years, so we ended up getting a Tempurpedic from Costco. Once a year when the new mattress models come in, Costco has a Tempurpedic sale where they sell the last year's models at %50 off. I got mine for $1500 or so. I still love it!

The sleep by number bed is the best thing I ever bought. Any other bed I had i would wake up with head aches and a stiff neck, not any more. Everyone I recommended one to loves them.
little pricey but, you do spend up to 1/3 of your life there.....unless your Band aid mother in law than its 5/6th of your life....