Bosch 044 Fuel Pump intank

I might have killed my Denso with my E85 issue so I've been looking into the 044 more recently. Here are my thoughts

Don't use the fuel sock/strainer/filter, it will save at least an inch right there.

The other fitting issue comes with the outlet fitting, if you go 12mmx1.5 to -6an then -6an to 5/16 you've added too much to the length of the pump making it hard to fit straight up and down. Ideally you need this

12mmx1.5 to male 5/16 hose barb (this would be smaller than the fitting that comes with the 044 and shorter)

I found only one place that sold that fitting, it was aluminum and it was in Australia.

When I get back on the road, if I did kill my Denso I'm going to see if my CNC buddy will make that fitting in Stainless for us E85 guys and make this an easier install for everyone in the near future. :cool:

I've run the ATR Superpump and an inline 040 for a long time. I wondered if I should change it to a double pumper since I worried the set up might be a bit rigged. It went 10.99 back in the day so I guess it works okay.

well here's the latest..

I spent considerable time getting setup to run the Bosch inline with the walpro.

Before I actually starting installing the Bosch I tested my FP @ boost again.

Holy crap! Starting at 16lbs the fuel pressure drops below 40!!

WTF?

I just bought this walpro from full throttle less than 2 years ago. I only really started driving the car one a week this year!

Now I doubt the Walpro will even support feeding the Bosch??

I'm going to call full-throttle first thing Monday. Maybe I can get another one overnighted?

IS it even worth messing with a walpro anymore?

I have also been following the supra denso pump thread....

I would either replace the walbro or remove it. If it's showing those signs now, it will fail later with more time on it.