Bosch 044 Fuel Pump intank

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
Has anyone used this pump intank and dose it fit through the opening in the tank? I recently changed to 80lb fuel injectors and seem to be going lean a bit. I am running a 62/65 billet turbo at 26 to 28 pounds of boost. The current pump that is in there now is an ATR superpump that i put in the car back in 2001/02. The Bosch pump runs at 94.5psi at 13.5 volts and flows 300lph at 72.5psi. Any input would be great Thanks.

i use the 040 which is the same pump externally mounted and it works better than my twin 340's

If its anything like the old 286's we used to use, its gonna be a tight fit. Also, Bosch pumps are/were heavy. Im not sure how well the stock hanger would be able to support one.

Maybe Ill see if I can hunt up one of these new ones and see what it looks like.

I have one mounted in the tank. It is about as rigged as you can get but its in there and has been working for over 1.5 years. It will not mount straight up and down with the stock tank and the plastic bath tub. I bought the in-tank screw on sock and made a barbed fitting out of a brass peice I had in a tool box for the pumps outlet. I then mounted it at an angle with the sock towards the passengerside rear of the plastic liner in the tank. Its probably at a 45* angle. I used some really strong fuel injection hose to connect it to the stock sending unit but it is supported by its tension from being shoved into the corner. It has been great so far. Its not the best and one day I may fab up something more presentable but for now its doing great! If you do a search for my name and bosch 044 there should be a thread with a few pics that I took. I understand its rigged so nobody give me any flack about it ;)

I have one mounted in the tank. It is about as rigged as you can get but its in there and has been working for over 1.5 years. It will not mount straight up and down with the stock tank and the plastic bath tub. I bought the in-tank screw on sock and made a barbed fitting out of a brass peice I had in a tool box for the pumps outlet. I then mounted it at an angle with the sock towards the passengerside rear of the plastic liner in the tank. Its probably at a 45* angle. I used some really strong fuel injection hose to connect it to the stock sending unit but it is supported by its tension from being shoved into the corner. It has been great so far. Its not the best and one day I may fab up something more presentable but for now its doing great! If you do a search for my name and bosch 044 there should be a thread with a few pics that I took. I understand its rigged so nobody give me any flack about it ;)

Any pics of the install?

???

Why not mount it externally? I have 2 Bosch 044 mounted above the rear end housing. 1 runs all the time and the other comes on @ what ever setting I choose. Had to do some fabbing on the hanger so each has it's own pickup. Seems as though 1 mounted there would be simple. If using a large enough suction line and discharge line, it will supply some serious fuel. Much easier to service @ that location also.

Why not mount it externally? I have 2 Bosch 044 mounted above the rear end housing. 1 runs all the time and the other comes on @ what ever setting I choose. Had to do some fabbing on the hanger so each has it's own pickup. Seems as though 1 mounted there would be simple. If using a large enough suction line and discharge line, it will supply some serious fuel. Much easier to service @ that location also.

This what i decided to do. Run the 044 inline and use the hot wire to power it. I will keep the pump in the tank to act as a powered pickup for the 044. Thanks for all the info guys you've all been very helpfull!

Exactly !!!!!

The intank pump will not feed the 044 very well. It can only pump as much as running with-out a 044.

If you are going to the trouble of doing it--do it right--remove the intank pump and fab a 1/2 in suction line for the Bosch and mount it extrnally. It will pick from the tank mounted above the rear housing. It's going to be louder that factory.

The intank pump will not feed the 044 very well. It can only pump as much as running with-out a 044.

That is incorrect. The in-tank will feed an external just fine. The external is trying to draw fuel away from the in-tank, so the load that the output of the in-tank actually sees is very low preesure, almost zero psi. Under that "free-flow" condition, the in-tank pump will deliver many more gph than it can when trying to deliver against pressure. The external is now the pump that delivers against a working pressure.

I know this is an old post but....

I am going to try to feed an external Bosch pump with my walpro. It does seem to be able to flow enough it just cant keep up when the higher pressure (>60lbs) start after the turbo starts getting into the 20+ range.

I`m using a bosch 044 with my walbro...can you pm me on how i can hookup the 044 to turn on at a certain boost...thanks

I have this Bosch pump I want to sell. It has # 0 560 254 957 stamped on it and was used externally. I wonder if it could also be used internally?...:confused:
Make offers if interested...It was working good when removed form the car...

Thanks,

Claude. :)

updates- 38 lbs of FP at 16lbs boost BAD!

well here's the latest..

I spent considerable time getting setup to run the Bosch inline with the walpro.

Before I actually starting installing the Bosch I tested my FP @ boost again.

Holy crap! Starting at 16lbs the fuel pressure drops below 40!!

WTF?

I just bought this walpro from full throttle less than 2 years ago. I only really started driving the car one a week this year!

Now I doubt the Walpro will even support feeding the Bosch??

I'm going to call full-throttle first thing Monday. Maybe I can get another one overnighted?

IS it even worth messing with a walpro anymore?

I have also been following the supra denso pump thread....