borg warner extened tip turbo's

chevyII

I know these have been on the market for awhile how do they compare to the garret's GT's?

Jose owns Forced Inductions is on this board is a dealer for these units.

Borg Warner & TurboDriven

Bullseye is also a dealer and they have worked with Ken Smith INTHEEIGHTS

Bullseye Power Selector

The rumor on the streets was the Mike Licht was working with Bullseye on a 3 bolt Buick application but I am not sure how far along that process is.

check with Otto

he ran one for a while,
said it liked 34-35lbs boost !!!!!:eek:

I know these have been on the market for awhile how do they compare to the garret's GT's?

They like high PR's and flow insane amounts of air for their inducer size. Only problem with them has been the selection of housings and availability, but we are working on that. Also we are CNC'ing alot of custom pieces that will allow us to fit a broader group of the performance market. Some of our buick customers have been very happy with the units...I'm sure some of them are members here.

JZ

They like high PR's and flow insane amounts of air for their inducer size. Only problem with them has been the selection of housings and availability, but we are working on that. Also we are CNC'ing alot of custom pieces that will allow us to fit a broader group of the performance market. Some of our buick customers have been very happy with the units...I'm sure some of them are members here.

JZ

Jose,

Do you offer the units in smaller sizes than the 70MM?
If so what size wheels for the 300 series frame?

Jose,

Do you offer the units in smaller sizes than the 70MM?
If so what size wheels for the 300 series frame?

John we can build them pretty much anyway you want. I can do smaller then 70mm in any of the chassis now ;). Are you just wanting something that will flow stupid amounts of air in a T4 chassis compared to say a 66mm Garrett unit? A garrett 66mm or 67mm will flow in the 68-73 lbs/min of course the pressure ratio varies, or at least that is what we have seen on the flow bench. An ETT 66 will flow in the 79-80 lbs region.

John we can build them pretty much anyway you want. I can do smaller then 70mm in any of the chassis now ;). Are you just wanting something that will flow stupid amounts of air in a T4 chassis compared to say a 66mm Garrett unit? A garrett 66mm or 67mm will flow in the 68-73 lbs/min of course the pressure ratio varies, or at least that is what we have seen on the flow bench. An ETT 66 will flow in the 79-80 lbs region.

Jose,

What I will eventually be looking for are twins with a t4 flange
that would give me room to make 1600hp but would run ok at lower levels.
I already have 3 inch down pipes but I can weld an adapter to step them down from 3.5 turbo outlets if need be.

Let me know what you would recommend for a 274 V6 that can spin to 8K.

Is there a GT4294 close to/equivalent in a BW turbo?

I've been thinking about a T4 GT4294 70mm version with 1.01 housing on stock sized buick v6 stock block.

Just to make more power than a 3 bolt 70GTQ at lower boost and less backpressure.

Extended tips mean lighter, bigger wheels, right?

I've been thinking about a T4 GT4294 70mm version with 1.01 housing on stock sized buick v6 stock block.

Just to make more power than a 3 bolt 70GTQ at lower boost and less backpressure.

What is ETT wheels? They are Extended Tip Technology. Casted and built primarily for one thing, and that is to broaden the compressor map for more applications and to achieve more flow and higher pressure ratios. Which to the buyer means more Horsepower then conventional design.

The only issue that you are going to have is no one casts a 3 bolt Buick housing for the AirWerks Borgwarner stuff at this time.

Yeah John... I'm not to worried about the 3 bolt housing. Already found it to be very limiting on the current stage II setup. Of course I'm not talking about trying to make near the same HP but who knows.

I'd like to see TSM opened up to the GT4294 70mm and see what these cars can really do.

Jose,

What I will eventually be looking for are twins with a t4 flange
that would give me room to make 1600hp but would run ok at lower levels.
I already have 3 inch down pipes but I can weld an adapter to step them down from 3.5 turbo outlets if need be.

Let me know what you would recommend for a 274 V6 that can spin to 8K.

We can do that....just let me know the exact specs on it and I will take a look.

JZ

Yes we have a unit that is the same size but makes more power with only a 70mm as well.

No, extended tip means the exducer blades are longer and taller as well as the overall height of the wheel is taller as well. Also pitch is more aggressive and the tips of the blades being longer means your speed is higher at the outer edges then normal blades which that is done to reduce stagnation losses and to reduce a decline in wheel efficiency as PR's climb. The taller part means more surface area comes in contact with incoming air to act on it for larger amounts of time.

JZ