Boost problem

13xturbo

Just installed a TE 44 turbo on my car and cannot get more than 16psi out of it any ideas? Car has adjustable boost controller and it's turned all the way up. No exhaust leaks turbo tweak chip set to run 25psi with Meth and 100 octane fuel.

It's a Turbonetics boost controller and yes an adjustable wastegate. I adjusted the wastegate as far as I could and was able to get 21 lbs out of it.

If you are using the Turbonetics billet boost controller, throw it in the trash before you have serious issues !!! Trust me I paid the price...

Bryan

Wastegate hole on turbo must not be completely covered by the puck in the downpipe.

What's the best Boost Controller to run? I believe that the wastegate is a normal one since it feels like the spring is a lot softer than the hd one I have on my stock turbo. Should I swap them out and see if that helps?

sounds like you have a regular actuator you need a hd actuator to run 22+ boost, but will be able to run a minimum of about 16-18 boost with the hd actuator.

The fact you just installed the turbo and now have the have the problem means the puck is probably not sealing...Are you using a different actuator with this new turbo??

Yes an actuator that came with the turbo. The turbo was used. I have an HD actuator that I had on my stock turbo I will put on it and try. Any ideas on what type of boost controller I should use since I was told the Turbonetics one is junk

Try going to the H/D actuator and sees what happens....I'm having the opposite problem with mine over boosting...Can't get a handle on this wild child 6262 billet turbo...My buddy uses a RJC manual boost controller and his has worked great!!

Wastegate hole on turbo must not be completely covered by the puck in the downpipe.
The fact you just installed the turbo and now have the have the problem means the puck is probably not sealing...Are you using a different actuator with this new turbo??
If the problem is your wastegate hole on your turbo is too large for your puck I have an RJC Block off Plate that might work, if that's the problem. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/rjc-down-pipe-block-off-plate.397891/

If your turbo is slow to spool that may be another indication the puck is not covering the wastegate hole completely.

As mentioned above, I have this exact issue, it's the puck in my case but the turbo was a loaner, it had been ported too much. Check your puck as mentioned.

Yes try the hd gate
What stall are u using with the 44.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app