Boost and 6262

wmerrell

Just received new stroker long block from Weber Racing. Anyone have any ideas as to the how much boost to run with a 6262 BB CEA? Do not need a specific boost number, just a range. Would 25 to 30 lbs of boost be a fair estimate?

Run it with no wastegate. Disconnect arm or remove spring if external. See where the boost goes. That will be the minimum you can run. I do shakedown runs this way with everything.

If you're going to start on 91oct do what was mentioned by Bison and hope that's 15-16 PSI. 18 PSI on 91oct will probably result in minor knock. I started at 16-18 PSI on 93oct only. I probably could have got away with more psi but I don't like to hear or see any knock hence me spraying alky after 18PSI. A board member by the name of Toomanymods runs 18-20psi on 93oct only on a Weber built motor. I think he introduced the motor to Alky now. Good luck with your combo, you're gonna LOVE it!:D

BTW, what converter are you running?

bison said:
Run it with no wastegate. Disconnect arm or remove spring if external. See where the boost goes. That will be the minimum you can run. I do shakedown runs this way with everything.

On my GN we did this and we had it down to 18 psi hooked it back up and adjusted it down but would go no lower than 20psi. Any thoughts why?

On my GN we did this and we had it down to 18 psi hooked it back up and adjusted it down but would go no lower than 20psi. Any thoughts why?
The spring in the wastgate will only allow it to push the Puck so far away. It wont allow the same amount of exhaust to be redirected.

Stroker engine installed, then 6262 went bad.
New 6266 purchased.
Weber installed a bad oil pan gasket.
Oil is dripping on the exhaust crossover pipe.
Waiting to get oil problem resolved.
Car should be on the dyno sometime this week.

The 6266 was a better match for a stroker anyway. I think the 6262 would have been out of breath pretty easily. Can't wait to see some numbers!

Zack

The Weber engine came with a bad oil gasket. Have to fix it before the dyno.
The car should be on the dyno any day now.
Will keep you posted.

ZNix said:
The 6266 was a better match for a stroker anyway. I think the 6262 would have been out of breath pretty easily. Can't wait to see some numbers!

Zack

I havent seen anyone on here put a 6262 out of
breath or a 6265/66 for that matter. I don't see anyone easily running either out without a purpose built engine either. Not going to happen with an off the shelf cam and a CR less than 9:1.

I havent seen anyone on here put a 6262 out of
breath or a 6265/66 for that matter. I don't see anyone easily running either out without a purpose built engine either. Not going to happen with an off the shelf cam and a CR less than 9:1.

Oh. I just heard the 6262 was a 10.8x turbo.. I figured the stroker engine would have no problem running that time.. The 6262 must spool incredibly quick with a stroker... I need to keep learning lol.

Oh. I just heard the 6262 was a 10.8x turbo.. I figured the stroker engine would have no problem running that time.. The 6262 must spool incredibly quick with a stroker... I need to keep learning lol.

If I remember right, I think someone went 10.5x @ 129mph with a 6262 on a stock longblock.

ZNix said:

I'ts good for a half second faster than that. Keep in mind a stroker is usually about 16-17ci more than a .020 over stock stroke. That's not even a 10% increase. Getting the cam., cam timing, CR correct and running under the right conditions will do more than 16-17ci. If you're building the combo to get the absolute most out of the turbo at the drag strip it's going to spool slower.

Zack

Nah...

I had a 6152e on my stroker for a little while ran 6.70 in the 1/8 with it 22psi. It also had the small turbine housing on it. .63 A/R

So the 6262 should run right there with it or better due to the better wheel designs.

V6 power has a 6262 with ported irons trw pistons flat tappet 208 cam with a stock location stretch i/c and it runs 6.80's in the 1/8 @ 25-26 psi on pump gas and alky.