Bob Bailey ignition module

What are some signs of too wide spark plug gap? Spark blowout I imagine? Also too tight gap?

When should it be closed or opened? Increase/decrease in boost and ignition power?

Thanks

As wide as possible without blowing out the spark @ WOT. .032 seems to be the norm with stock style ignition system. I run mine there at 25psi+ and it pulls hard. I'd like to widen it up though and smooth out the lean cruise like mentioned above while also still keeping it lit at full boost; it's a balancing act. Just experiment.

I wanted to share some thoughts/opinions on spark plug gap. Its a question that gets asked a lot when discussing ignition upgrades. This system packs a pretty good punch, and you could really open the gap way up. at modest boost levels, (20-ish psi) you could easily run .050 gap. But there is a downside to really wide gaps. As the plugs get a little carbon built up on them and/or lead deposits, there is a point where its easier for the spark energy to follow the deposits instead of jumping the gap.

So, research and discussions have led me to the following suggestions: Using typical plugs (everyone has a 'favorite'), .040 should be good to about the 10.99 power level.

10.50 to 10.99 I think .035 is a good place to start. and faster than 10.50 I would gap them at .030 to .032

These are, of course, estimates and everyones car will be a little different.

If you run leaded fuel, change the plugs often.

If you want to try .050 or .060 gap, let me know how it goes, it will probably run great but you will want to change your plugs now and then....

Comments + opinions welcome...

Bob

.040 is a good place to start.

Bob

109 block.jpg
I welded 3 pedestals on the VC and shortened the stock mounting brackets. I also used the stock harnesses minus the circuitry for one coil.

Hey guys, I will be shipping these out this week.

Anyone who will be at the TB.com event, PM or email me and I will bring it with me.

Bob

Just a note, to clarify. The "system" includes the controller and the wastespark style harness. You also need to get a coilpack and a set of ignition wires. I can supply these other pieces, but my supply is limited.

If you want to run individual coils, we need to discuss your setup, since there are a lot of variables.

Bob

Have an install scheduled for Wednesday at RIchard's. So we can get pics and videos.

Bob

Hey Bob, Not sure if you made my harness yet or not but ALETTOCO's pic is exactly how mine are for reference. All 3 tightly spaced on the aft side of the breather. Looks good ALETTOCO!!

Hey Bob, Not sure if you made my harness yet or not but ALETTOCO's pic is exactly how mine are for reference. All 3 tightly spaced on the aft side of the breather. Looks good ALETTOCO!!

gotcha.

thanks

B

Shipped a bunch of the kits yesterday. You guys should be seeing them arrive any day now.

Bob

bob,

i noticed there is a orange and gray wire coming from the connecter, im assuming that the orange wire is pin 1 for the two step, but what is the gray one for?
also what do i do with the rubber o-ring supplied with the kit?

:D

i would assume the gray is for the timing retard enable on the two step

oring is probably for birth control