blue washer fluid

BG86

Building Boost
I have heard this could be used in the meth kit setup. Dunno if it is true, but I'm pretty curious about it.

People seem to run alot of different things in thier alky kits, washer fluid,paint thinner,all kind s of stuff. For me the kit says meth, so thats what i put in it,100 percent meth from the same place in the same container with the same funnel.

I have heard this could be used in the meth kit setup. Dunno if it is true, but I'm pretty curious about it.
You can, if you want. The winter style washer fluid usually uses methanol to make it resist freezing. You can run water, ethanol, or methanol. I use straight methanol because that's why I paid the money for the kit, but you can do whatever you want, within reason.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

http://turbobuick.com/threads/isopropyl-alcohol.323878/

Where would you get the idea that denatured or vodka has petroleum in it? Not saying that you should run vodka, and razor recommends 100% methanol anyway, but even he says isopropyl is ok with a retune.

I saw no mention of booze...I took the ethanol comment to mean ethanol gas. Like E85, perhaps. You made the comment, "You can run water, ethanol, or methanol".
Maybe, you'd like to explain what the other 15% is?

It's gasoline, but I'm not taking about spraying E85 through an Alkycontrol kit. I'm just talking about ethanol, bud, the same thing that denatured and booze is made of. Ethyl alcohol.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I believe any of the commercially available standard alcohols can be used. As long as they are either pure or mixed with only water.

I used isopropyl from CVS for a short time. Until I found a solid source for M1. Now that's all I use.

I like Glenfiddich straight up for me .

The GN likes M1 or on the weekends when we both want to party she likes good ole fashioned home grown moonshine or 190 proof everclear.
Both provide a good kick in the butt !!

I have used denatured from the hardware store. worked fine but I never pushed it too hard, 25 psi or so.

Bob

You need to ask you made the chip with what type of fluid he anticipated. See alcohol is a fuel and richens. Water leans the motor out as it takes the place of fuel. So if the chip was burned with methanol in mind.. you run water, now the motor at WOT runs leaner and you can technically cause issues. Vice versa... chip made for water.. now the car runs pig rich.

Not a simple cut and dry question..