Blow off valve

free shipping to. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

TiAL Q Blow Off Valve - Grey: No Limit Motorsport

NewMotor005.jpg

Shaun

engine side of the butterfly? still not completely sure where to hook it up could you describe it alttle better? sorry im not that familiar with this. Thanks Kevin

Just plum it in with a T off any of your Vacuam lines from the engine. I T 'ed mine in line with my boost line.

Shaun

Just a note to those with a stock engine pcm with a chip. The stock PCM has a "de-fueling" command when you lift from boost. The PCM will have ZERO driveability issues as far as the fueling vs maf reading during the decel of the engine. The only thing to watch out for is NO ALKY WITH A BOV to atmosphere under the hood!!!! If you do it is only a matter of time before you create a blowtorch condition. Compressed air, fuel (alky), pust needs to find an ignition source. I ran a BOV before I went with alky and had zero issues as far a drivability or with my tuning. I am looking for a way to add one again but have to figure out the alky's ability to travel back through my intercooler. If you want to add one DO IT!!! A BOV can only extend the life of your turbo. Jon Hanson

Just a note to those with a stock engine pcm with a chip. The stock PCM has a "de-fueling" command when you lift from boost. The PCM will have ZERO driveability issues as far as the fueling vs maf reading during the decel of the engine. The only thing to watch out for is NO ALKY WITH A BOV to atmosphere under the hood!!!! If you do it is only a matter of time before you create a blowtorch condition. Compressed air, fuel (alky), pust needs to find an ignition source. I ran a BOV before I went with alky and had zero issues as far a drivability or with my tuning. I am looking for a way to add one again but have to figure out the alky's ability to travel back through my intercooler. If you want to add one DO IT!!! A BOV can only extend the life of your turbo. Jon Hanson

hmmm
i wonder even if the bov is before the nozzles would it "pull" any alky out ? i guess it could.. ?

Thats what I was worried about. I have not done the testing to figure out it there is any methanol back on the turbo side of the intercooler. I would think if the nossle and the BOV were close (6inches or so) then there is a high risk of having an under hood fire. I may be over thinking it but its my nature.... Jon Hanson

Just think when your WOT and the alky is spraying it's being sucked into the engine. You let off it the butterfly closes and what happens, all the boost and anything else in the charge pipe blows back either through the Turbo (horse sneeze) or through a BOV. The alky is such a fine mist that and can blow either forwards or reverse through an intercooler. There are people that run alky nozzles pre-turbo, pre-intercooler to creat a cooling effect on the turbo and intercooler not just the engine itself. So if your spraying alky with a BOV it better be pointed away from any hot spots or re-routed back into the intake pipe.

Found this chart at Tial for correct spring pressure on the BOV http://www.tialmedia.com/documents/w3_tial_bovq_sp.pdf
I pulled the trigger on a silver one with the 10lb spring, aluminum flange to match material of RJC Front Mount tube.
Going to install this with the new 6262 billet set up, should increase life span of the turbo. Glad I found this thread, and for the record, I'm over 40..... ha ha.

Chuck

Bov

I want to get a bov doesit have to get welded to the down pipe? Do I buy a down pipe ready made for ? Am new to this turbo buick any info will be helpful thank you Tommy:cool:

I want to get a bov doesit have to get welded to the down pipe? Do I buy a down pipe ready made for ? Am new to this turbo buick any info will be helpful thank you Tommy:cool:

It gets welded to the pipe that connects the intercooler to the throttle body. That way when you are under boost condition and you slam the butterfly valve shut(release accelerator pedal) the boost can excape through the blow off valve, instead of putting all that strain on the turbo (compressor wheel). If your at 25 lbs boost and you close the butterfly valve (gateway to the intake) the boost is contained between the compressor wheel and the butterfly valve, (which includes the intercooler) so what happens it the turbo assembly is forced into a reversed rotation ??, because of the escaping boost pressure..... in a hurry, lot's of stress on all the components of the turbo. Naturally with us guys running a front mount intercooler there is even more volume of air...

Chuck

Picture

RJC FM 3" aluminum pipes, BOV Tial 50 mm, Hye Tech S.S. 3" down pipe with external Tial 38mm waste gate, bolted to a PTE Billet 6262 journal bearing Turbo. Turbo waste gate hole ported and inside rounded. Boost range so far 15-27 psi rock steady no creap on the street, at the track, don't know yet.
Shooting for longer turbo life via BOV.

Chuck

Attachments

• DSC03400.jpg
    DSC03400.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 402
  • DSC03398.jpg
    DSC03398.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 397
I saw Procharger BOV's and Tial 50mm BOV's at TurboBuick Nationals two weeks ago! Tial's are readily available and you can get one in black! Prochargers don't appear to be around...none on ebay! I have a Turbonetics Godzilla that I have not mounted but think I will sell it and get a black Tial!
Conrad

RJC FM 3" aluminum pipes, BOV Tial 50 mm, Hye Tech S.S. 3" down pipe with external Tial 38mm waste gate, bolted to a PTE Billet 6262 journal bearing Turbo. Turbo waste gate hole ported and inside rounded. Boost range so far 15-27 psi rock steady no creap on the street, at the track, don't know yet.
Shooting for longer turbo life via BOV.

Chuck

What size spring did you use for your bov? (6, 8, 10, 11, or 12psi)

Thanks

I am running a HKS SuperSQV (no springs needed) with 30# of boost I plumbed mine between the turbo & intercooler (tried it between the intercooler & throttle body & it didn't work ,I was still getting surge from compressor at low boost). ran vacuum line back to a T that I installed. also running a front mount so room for BOV on plumbing going to intercooler.
0102120948a.jpg